The War Z mass failure

• Has anyone read about this? I found this to be rather amusing to read about.

For those of you who haven’t heard, I’ll try to summarize it for you.

The game was released on steam with X features (level system, open world, etc.) Release version had almost no features and terrible gameplay. The developers defend themselves by saying the players simply misunderstood what was said; placing the blame on their own consumers. Steam removes the game from their stores and apologizes publicly for allowing it in their store and offers refunds. The game developers still aggressively assert their position, and are going as far as to remove criticism from their forums. As of now though, the game devs have pretty much disappeared and no news has emerged from them. And after all the hate, terrible reviews, and bad public relations they have good reason to hide their faces.

I’ve never seen a game handled so poorly. The whole thing is hilarious to me.I actually considered buying this at one point too. I have no doubt the game will die before the year ends.

• I’m a huge DayZ fan and supporter, yet I still tried to support this game and bought it before it came out… But it’s been nothing but disappointment for me. I was so shocked to see it released on steam and for so cheap. Quite interesting how the devs are handling this.

• I’ve played both DayZ and The War Z, and I think they are both fun to play, just because the description is mis-leading doesn’t mean it sucks instantly, I didn’t even read the description when I first bought the game, I bought the game to play it with another friend of mine, and through our time together is been fun sneaking around stupid zombies and trigger happy players. Its not that bad, and you see the game get updated often, they might settle all their bugs and their promises straight. Like if you look at Chivalry, there’s still tons of bugs out there that are really really persistant.

Oh well, we all have our own taste and opinion about games :)

• There’s a bit of a difference between bugs and a slightly off description, and actual full on outright lies and then blaming customers for “misreading”. :P

There’s a LOT of shady stuff going on in that company. Blatant cash in on Day Z popularity obv. A LOT of people will have been suckered in to thinking it was an official Day Z standalone game.

• @BobT36:

A LOT of people will have been suckered in to thinking it was an official Day Z standalone game.

This is true. Even ReMixx was asking me if that was the DayZ standalone I was talking about. :<

• @Kimiko:

@BobT36:

A LOT of people will have been suckered in to thinking it was an official Day Z standalone game.

This is true. Even ReMixx was asking me if that was the DayZ standalone I was talking about. :<

Heeeeyyyyy don’t namedrop me! :x

• @ReMixx:

Heeeeyyyyy don’t namedrop me! :x

Oh… I meant that there’s this guy… He was asking me nublette questions… And I answered it xP

• @Kimiko:

Oh… I meant that there’s this guy… He was asking me nublette questions… And I answered it xP

Better. They totes won’t know that it was me. Thanks.

• http://media.vandalimg.com/640/12-2012/ … 5815_1.jpg

The walking dead copypasta.

They also copypastaed the League of Legends terms of service. The copypaste was so lazy they even forgot to remove the links to the LoL website in the terms and conditions :D

• I think one of the more forgotten issues with War Z is that the Executive Producer used homophobic slurs to describe it’s players… Not a person should be supporting a game where the dev does that.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z- … ts-6398729