Character models disappearing in game

• For the last few weeks I have had a major issues where player models will vanish during online matches. It has made the game completely unplayable for me.

I have tried multiple drivers for my 660ti both stable and beta. I have also reinstalled the game several times without success. This issue started happening around the same time the last patch was released, up to that point I had been playing for 20+ hours without a single occurrence.

I have attached a 2.5 minute Youtube video which shows this problem here http://youtu.be/MWlHj6u0bXA

The video starts after I had been playing for about 7 minutes without issues, then after death I spawn back and only 3 players on the entire server are visible. As you can see at 55sec in at the bottom right of the screen the two teammates suddenly disappear out of view. At this point I can only see a single enemy out of a nearly full 24 person server. This person is clearly fighting other enemies and at 1:16sec in he is taken down by an invisible teammate right in front of me. For the next minute or so I am the only visible person on the server however from time to time I will walk into another player which is not so visible in the video. Finally, at 2:13sec in I start taking damage from invisible enemies and quickly die with the previously invisible character models reappearing.

As it stands now this game is unplayable for me because the disappearing models occur intermittently, sometimes immediately loading into a server, other times after 20+ minutes of gameplay.

Any help fixing this would be extremely welcome.

Thanks.

• Woah. Cool! Errr I mean… Ew! That sucks!

Looks like you’re getting some pretty bad lag/packet loss. How are your pings?

• @ReMixx:

Woah. Cool! Errr I mean… Ew! That sucks!

Looks like you’re getting some pretty bad lag/packet loss. How are your pings?

pings look ok. I have tried pinging several of the game servers however looks like most people have configured their equipment to not respond to ping requests. I ran a pingtest and nothing seems unusual; 25ms, 9ms jitter and 0% packet loss. Similarly I pinged standard servers like google.ca and I am not seeing packet loss. I also called my ISP and they are not seeing packet loss on my modem.

Chivalry seems to be the only game experiencing this sort of thing, if it were a larger packet loss issue I would expect other games to experience abnormal behavior, which is not currently the case.

With all of that said, is there anything else I can do to verify this is not a packet loss issue? I am not playing over wifi.

Thanks.

• @anifinity:

With all of that said, is there anything else I can do to verify this is not a packet loss issue? I am not playing over wifi.

Thanks.

Nothing that I know of at the moment. There is an Unreal Engine 3 console command called “STAT NET”, but it seems to be disabled/not implemented. I’ll poke around and try to find out why that doesn’t work.

• @ReMixx:

@anifinity:

Thanks.

Nothing that I know of at the moment. There is an Unreal Engine 3 console command called “STAT NET”, but it seems to be disabled/not implemented. I’ll poke around and try to find out why that doesn’t work.

Thanks, I really appreciate you looking into this. I look forward to your response.

• @anifinity:

@ReMixx:

@anifinity:

Thanks.

Thanks, I really appreciate you looking into this. I look forward to your response.

It is the holidays coming up, so you may not get a response as soon as you would normally. If you don’t hear anything by the end of next week, please bump.

• This is an odd one, the first time I heard of this was when RK fought Templars and they said one of us were invisible.

• I have attached a dxdiag log just in case.

• It is the holidays coming up, so you may not get a response as soon as you would normally. If you don’t hear anything by the end of next week, please bump.

Bumping thread as suggested.

• I have now tried 3 different driver versions and the issue continues to happen.

Nvidia 306.97
    Nvidia 310.33
    Nvidia 310.70

I have also tried the default graphics driver in Windows 8 as of 28/12/12 and the same issue occurs. I really need a fix for this as the game is not playable at this point.

• Recently I’ve been having this problem as well. It’s happened to me 3-4 times the past two days. Any updates on a fix? Are you still getting it, anifinity?

• @Nokx:

Recently I’ve been having this problem as well. It’s happened to me 3-4 times the past two days. Any updates on a fix? Are you still getting it, anifinity?

I am still having the same problem.

Running Windows 8 64 bit with latest geforce 310.70 on my 660ti and the issue is still occurring.

• Ever tried validating your game files? If that doesn’t work, you might need to reinstall the client. I know that this method would be quite off topic, but you’ve got to try everything i guess. Why im saying this is that i doubt that it’s your video drivers or your connection, but something corrupt in the game’s client.

• @Cheesus:

Ever tried validating your game files? If that doesn’t work, you might need to reinstall the client. I know that this method would be quite off topic, but you’ve got to try everything i guess. Why im saying this is that i doubt that it’s your video drivers or your connection, but something corrupt in the game’s client.

Yes, I have tried validating the game files several times. I have also reinstalled chivalry at least twice now without any change in behavior. I have also tried reinstalling steam from scratch and installing chivalry fresh and after some time the same issue appears again.

• bumping thread

• Retested with newest nvidia drivers 310.90 and issue still occurs.

• I still think that it might be a packetloss thing. The devs are aware of it, but since it only affects such a small population, it is considered a low priority bug at the moment. I did push for the STAT NET command to get added back into the game and hopefully we’ll see that in the upcoming update fingers crossed.

Also, are your network/LAN drivers up to date?

• @ReMixx:

I still think that it might be a packetloss thing. The devs are aware of it, but since it only affects such a small population, it is considered a low priority bug at the moment. I did push for the STAT NET command to get added back into the game and hopefully we’ll see that in the upcoming update fingers crossed.

Also, are your network/LAN drivers up to date?

LAN drivers are as up to date as I can make them. I really don’t see how this is a packet loss issue when it happens on all servers. This would indicate that it is a problem with either my ISP network or local network. Since the packet loss occurs connected direct to my internet modem and pingtests to any website I try comes back with 0% packet loss, I do not see how this would explain what is happening. In addition I have checked in with my ISP and they have checked my network connection out and there has been nothing abnormal for as long as they have logs. Finally, a pingtest to 127.0.0.1 comes back without packet loss so the issue is not adapter related.

To summarize, there is no packet loss when pinging my network adapter, I am direct to my internet modem without network equipment involved and when I spoke to my ISP there is no packet loss detected from the modem itself. Finally, pinging any website I have tried has also come back with 0% loss leading to the conclusion there is no packet loss on the ISP side. The only way there would be packet loss is if it were outside my ISP network, however that too makes little sense because only 3rd party chivalry servers experience abnormalities; websites and other games have no such issues.

With that said, I do appreciate the time you have invested in helping me and I look forward to being able to run the stat net command should it be implemented. Until then, I am going to continue being unable to play your game, which is unfortunate because it’s incredibly fun and many of my friends play it daily.

• Out of curiosity, have you tried changing the video settings any? For example, if you lower all of your video settings to the lowest, does it still happen?

• @ReMixx:

Out of curiosity, have you tried changing the video settings any? For example, if you lower all of your video settings to the lowest, does it still happen?

Yes, I have tried setting all the video options to their lowest levels in both fullscreen and window mode. Neither option seems to make a difference.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.