[SOLVED] Problems connecting to servers

• When i say problems i mean i can not. They will show up in the list and i can try to connect but it never does. If i wait long enough the game crashes. I tried deleting the config folder and it said this time “You have failed to join” or something similar to that. Now no server show up again. Tried all the fixes i could find on the forums still doesn’t work.

• Hi Gwiggle,

Please remove the line “Suppress=DevOnline” from your UDKEngine.ini located in Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config. Then open up the game and sit in the server browser for about 10 minutes (grab a cup of coffee) or until you see servers show up, try joining one (preferably an Official Server). If you try to join one, but it doesn’t let you connect, please exit the game normally. If no servers show up, please exit the game normally. Then after either scenario, attach the Launch.log found here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs in a reply here. Thanks!

• Here’s the launch file. I read a bit of it and saw a bunch of server not responding stuff. I played 2-3 games with bots since i couldn’t connect to a game if you can see that in there.

• What’s interesting is that you’re getting servers and then after awhile you don’t. They stop responding to your Info requests.

Snippet:

[0051.77] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '394' Address: 95.141.41.152:9387
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '400' failed to respond
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '400' Address: 81.20.142.92:27016
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '404' failed to respond
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '404' Address: 85.114.137.132:27665
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '402' failed to respond
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '402' Address: 85.114.137.132:32315
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '401' failed to respond
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '401' Address: 85.114.137.132:37115
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '403' failed to respond
    [0051.87] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '403' Address: 85.114.137.132:42215
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '406' failed to respond
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '406' Address: 85.114.137.132:21164
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '407' failed to respond
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '407' Address: 85.114.137.132:24415
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '408' failed to respond
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '408' Address: 85.114.137.132:27064
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '409' failed to respond
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '409' Address: 85.114.137.132:27225
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '405' failed to respond
    [0051.97] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '405' Address: 85.114.137.132:43315
    [0052.17] DevOnline: ServerListResponse: Server '411' failed to respond

Ok let’s run through the basics here. To me, it sounds like packets are getting flooded somewhere and some hardware/software is dumping it to stay alive.

Can you attach a DxDiag.txt please?

What motherboard do you have?

What router do you use (if any)?

What modem do you have?

Are you on a residential/home ISP network or using a university/corporate network?

• Can you attach a DxDiag.txt please? I have done that(i think)

What motherboard do you have? Z77 Extreme4 From ASRock

What router do you use (if any)?
    What modem do you have? Linksys WCG200. Father rents this from ISP(i bought him a better one but he returned it for the cash)

Are you on a residential/home ISP network or using a university/corporate network? Home ISP as stated above. Have good enough internet speeds(i assume)

• Excellent, thanks for the info! Before we go any further, please update your Windows 7 as you do not have Service Pack 1 yet according to your DxDiag.txt. Please update Windows and then check for updates again (more updates usually become available after installing some). Once we’re sure that Windows has no updates left, please attach a fresh DxDiag.txt and we’ll continue from there if the problem still exists :)

• Will do sir.

• I think i have done this. Please let me know if i missed anything.

• Give up on helping?

• @Gwiggle:

Give up on helping?

Hmmm nope! I just have things to do. You may also blame Torn Banner for making an addicting game, Ubisoft for Assassins Creed 3, and Valve for DotA2.

If you haven’t done so yet, please make sure that you have the latest LAN driver for your motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Ex … &os=Win764

I have a sneaky suspicion that the router/modem combo dealy is the culprit. Reading the highlighted features on its webpage talks about

• Supports Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall with Denial of Service attack prevention

So there’s a couple things to try with the router:

1. Disable Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
    2. Try setting your computer as the DMZ in the router
    3. Try #10 on this list: http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx … _19695.xml

What firewall/anti spyware/malware/anti virus software do you use?

In the meantime, have you tried connecting to the servers manually? Here is a list of all of the Official Servers plus links that will automagically launch Chivalry and connect to them viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082.

Edit:
    Another thing to try. In Steam, click Steam -> Settings from the main screen, then click the Downloads + Cloud tab and try setting the Game server browser max pings/minute to a lower number.

• @ReMixx:

@Gwiggle:

Give up on helping?

Hmmm nope! I just have things to do. You may also blame Torn Banner for making an addicting game, Ubisoft for Assassins Creed 3, and Valve for DotA2.

If you haven’t done so yet, please make sure that you have the latest LAN driver for your motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Ex … &os=Win764

I have a sneaky suspicion that the router/modem combo dealy is the culprit. Reading the highlighted features on its webpage talks about

• Supports Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall with Denial of Service attack prevention

So there’s a couple things to try with the router:

1. Disable Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
    2. Try setting your computer as the DMZ in the router
    3. Try #10 on this list: http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx … _19695.xml

What firewall/anti spyware/malware/anti virus software do you use?

In the meantime, have you tried connecting to the servers manually? Here is a list of all of the Official Servers plus links that will automagically launch Chivalry and connect to them viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082.

Edit:
    Another thing to try. In Steam, click Steam -> Settings from the main screen, then click the Downloads + Cloud tab and try setting the Game server browser max pings/minute to a lower number.

I can connect to other games servers though i do have this problem with ARMA 2 as well. These 2 games are the only ones and the ARMA 2 support has yet to respond so i don’t think i will be getting help. I try servers with usually less than 80 ping which is not high that i am aware of and if not lower. As read in other posts i have turned everything off(anti-virus/firewall/etc) and that didn’t work. The server lists show up sometimes and don’t sometimes. If i try to connect to a server with people in it it will not.

After many attempts before and after any attempted fixes you have suggested recently the servers no longer show up at all.

• As much as i think i would love this game at this rate it isn’t looking like i will ever be able to play it and would have just wasted money.

• Was going to play with some bots but figured i’d try the servers first and now it works. No changes made from yesterday. Problem seems to have solved itself.

• @Gwiggle:

Was going to play with some bots but figured i’d try the servers first and now it works. No changes made from yesterday. Problem seems to have solved itself.

Huh. Okay! Glad that it works for you now. Marking this solved and I’ll see you on the battlefield. :k1: