Blockanimation cooldown

• Hello.

The blockanimation seems to have an unbelievably long cooldown before one is able to do anything again.

Is it just me?
    Is it intended that way?

It doesn´t make any sense to me since it is heavily degrading a players ability to react to situations…especially considering that one can throw around the sword feinting 3 times in a row at lightspeed.

• @vMega:

It doesn´t make any sense to me since it is heavily degrading a players ability to react to situations…especially considering that one can throw around the sword feinting 3 times in a row at lightspeed.

You need better timing.

• :D Ya ya. Now go back to your fire.

• I am of the complete opposite opinion. I think parrying needs a longer cooldown. Really easy to just spam block quickly with some weapons.

• Prior to the latest patch there was 0.5s parry time and 0.4s recover time, but in the latest version, it was upped to 0.5s recover time. That’s the smallest parry:recover ratio we’ve seen in aoc/cmw for 6 years actually, lol. I’d say it’s fine where it’s at, plenty of time to punish someone.

• Only if you miss. If you time your parry properly, you can initiate an immediate counterattack by hitting the attack button right after your successful parry.

• THX for the replies. Rank 29…
    It is intended that way. Punishment for unnecessary blocks. Thx Sly.

I got a Mount and Blade background…that’s why this combat system seems so absurd.
    All right will find a way past that.

Cheers

• Heh, same here; it’s hard to get used to after being able to block 20 times a second, but it’s far better for it.