Problem with online buy & hardware question

• Hi, first of all, the page http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/buy-from-us isn’t working for me the last days at least, is it not yet implemented ? Should I buy it from steam?

Secondly , my specs are

Intel Q6600 quad 2.4ghz cpu
    3gb ram (32 bit win7)
    ATI 6770 1GB GPU

Do you think i’ll be able to run it reasonably ok? I read somewhere that this game is generally cpu heavy, will getting more ram help me in any case (Maybe when more players join?) or should I focus on upgrading my cpu asap ?

Do the visual options strain the cpu more or do they depend more on the gpu?

I’ve played on private servers a bit and seem to lag when there are more players around, lowering the visuals didnt seem to help much.

• Hi Kaliteros and welcome to the forums!

@kaliteros:

Hi, first of all, the page http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/buy-from-us isn’t working for me the last days at least, is it not yet implemented ? Should I buy it from steam?

That links to the Humble Bundle group and they are not including Chivalry at the moment. I don’t know the exact reasoning why it is not for sale through them at the moment and I don’t know if it will return. I would say go ahead and buy it from Steam (great deals now, yeah???!!!).

@kaliteros:

Secondly , my specs are

Intel Q6600 quad 2.4ghz cpu
    3gb ram (32 bit win7)
    ATI 6770 1GB GPU

Do you think i’ll be able to run it reasonably ok? I read somewhere that this game is generally cpu heavy, will getting more ram help me in any case (Maybe when more players join?) or should I focus on upgrading my cpu asap ?

Do the visual options strain the cpu more or do they depend more on the gpu?

The game is indeed heavily dependent on the CPU. If you truly want this game to shine, a Core i7 is highly recommended. The visual options themselves are obviously GPU dependent, but it’s the other things (physics, animations, sounds, etc) that strain the CPU. If you have a less powerful CPU, the visual settings won’t matter. For this particular game, upgrading your CPU will have the most benefits.

@kaliteros:

I’ve played on private servers a bit and seem to lag when there are more players around, lowering the visuals didnt seem to help much.

I thought that you didn’t buy the game yet? O_o

• Yep you can play on private servers without buying it^^ shocker yes?

And yeah , steam sells it for 12E on X-mas offers, just as I missed the previous -33% offer, beast :D

• @kaliteros:

Yep you can play on private servers without buying it^^ shocker yes?

And yeah , steam sells it for 12E on X-mas offers, just as I missed the previous -33% offer, beast :D

I didn’t want to accuse you of pirating the game. We don’t take kindly to pirates 'round here. :h1: