Special subforum for experienced players

• Right now forums are like big trash of whining people who haven’t played much yet. There should be separate forums for people who have x hours (50,100,150?) in-game time so we can have opinion based on experience, because right now most feedback is based on initial impressions and frustration.

• What? So initial opinions and frustrations are worthless? I think new players have just as much right to comment and discuss the game. You’re enlarging the chasm between new and ‘veteran’ players, for no reason.

If you’re an ‘experienced player’ yourself, you’ll be able to pick out the worthwhile threads and discussions yourself. You’ll be able to see which comment is based off on experience and skill and which is not. So why do you need a ‘special’ subforum?

And what will determine whether you are ‘experienced’ or not? Play time? We all know that has nothing to do with it. There is no reliable way to determine a player’s value, unless you have in fact played with him in-game.

• yeah also please make a forum for top10 chivalry players for me pls thx

• @Matti:

yeah also please make a forum for top10 chivalry players for me pls thx

We already have that, it’s our VqHq private Mod forum. ;)

I troll I troll…

• Splitting a community is never a good idea, though I see his point.
    I start to abandon this place and only come in very occasionally because the forums ARE flooded with bullshit, spam and sillyness.

We really dont need 23 threads about “XY is OP” or the like. If I would be a mod, I would simply DELETE all those threads, notifying the author to use the search function next time, so people with a brain, hungry for interesting topics finally see those threads again - or at all.

The mods here suffer from sissyness and I blame Kimi! She is way too nice and inconsequent. On the game server and here. Other moderators are blinded by her beauty, so they are unable to fulfil their duty.

• @Siegfried:

What? So initial opinions and frustrations are worthless? I think new players have just as much right to comment and discuss the game. You’re enlarging the chasm between new and ‘veteran’ players, for no reason.

If you’re an ‘experienced player’ yourself, you’ll be able to pick out the worthwhile threads and discussions yourself. You’ll be able to see which comment is based off on experience and skill and which is not. So why do you need a ‘special’ subforum?

And what will determine whether you are ‘experienced’ or not? Play time? We all know that has nothing to do with it. There is no reliable way to determine a player’s value, unless you have in fact played with him in-game.

Yeah, there are like thousand threads about “x is op” or “x sucks”, mostly created by new players without full knowledge of the game.

• @William:

…She is way too nice and inconsequent. On the game server and here. Other moderators are blinded by her beauty…

First I loled.
    Second,
    I don’t think it has anything to do with any of the mods. I do think all the chatter is good, and as experienced players in a very new game you should make an effort to tell all those raging players that this is the way the game is, and if possible even show them how to fight better.

When I see players on a server who I can easily kick the ass of on the line of no effort to kill you I stop to give them pointers, trying to make communication and explain what i know and share that with them- From my own experience so far 90% of these people stopped and responded when I originally thought I will be facing some antsy pants pimpled teenager who just wants to spam buttons and win win win. - The players I talked to showed keen interest in becoming better, to the point that a 6 player ffa server became a duel server spontaneously for about 3 rounds.

Im pretty happy with the postage I see here- which while being very angry and rage-full is not a flame and/or contains racial/sexual/bla bla bla remarks or childish bickering between players.

So at this point I think its fine.- I also nitpick what posts to read, avoiding those who seem to me like they will most likely contain some noob raging about the 1h hammer being op or the archer being annoying and has to be removed- even while it is possible to get a polearm slashing vanguard to die with just my fists. As I hope you well know- its all about the time you invest into ‘training’.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Yeah, there are like thousand threads about “x is op” or “x sucks”, mostly created by new players without full knowledge of the game.

I agree with u Rumpelstilskin.
    Siegfried… we dont want The game changed, becoming a noobfriendly game.
    Why would the game Change? Why would they listen to the Unexperienced more then the Experienced?

Plain fact: there are alot more unexpericed players then Expericed players.
    Meaning: Majority rules, More Unexpericed players outway the Expericed.
    Example: Torn Banner starts thinking theres a “major problem”…But why would they think that?
    Because the Majority (Unexpericed player) complain about things that we (Expericed Players) know are not Problems. “Thus changing the Game”

I have 336 hours totalplay time…Only using non noob classes(My opinion) MAA, Javeliner, &Archer.
    My opinion

• @William:

I would simply DELETE all those threads, notifying the author to use the search function next time, so people with a brain, hungry for interesting topics finally see those threads again - or at all.

Interesting topics? Even with all the spam and silliness, the new posts are slow as it is.

Perhaps that’s why you aren’t a moderator.

• @Rodelero:

non noob classes

:?

• We need a Wingy-only subforum.

• @Wingy:

@Rodelero:

non noob classes

:?

;)

• nice hat wingy

• @William:

The mods here suffer from sissyness and I blame Kimi! She is way too nice and inconsequent. On the game server and here. Other moderators are blinded by her beauty, so they are unable to fulfil their duty.

There was no reason to bring ME into this! I am just a humble mod, that is all… Sheesh. I get blamed if I’m too nice… And then I do something that seems OH SO HARSH and whammy, more blame. I cannot win :<

Thanks for the compliment though, however, they were all mods before I was, so nyah… xP

Also… I can promise you that there will NOT be a subforum for this… I can barely get subforums for other things, so this won’t be happening :P

• Just make a dos and don’ts for every class. Let the experts debate on the legitimacy of those do and don’ts and intellectually try to trump each other without resorting to a straw man argument or pure rage.

• @SlyGoat:

We need a Wingy-only subforum.

Go ahead and do it. Please.

@Escadin:

nice hat wingy

Ty bro, nice bow.