I LOVE this game…BUT

• Sure its nice to help out a team mate, but when you rush in just to LMB, you’re not really helping anyone.

I feel like I need to parry/block more of my team mates swings than the enemy. That’s when I revert to being an archer, just to avoid foolish team kills which could’ve been prevented…IF they cared enough.

Maybe less team damage penalty? Or increased penalties for those who blindly swing, who’d rather take out 3 of his team mates, just to kill one enemy.

I don’t know, maybe I’m the only one that gets frustrated when this happens, but it happens quite often. Don’t get me wrong, I love playing this game. But it’s hard to enjoy when you get team damaged, and the one shotted by an enemy.

• Have you tried filters? The last time I checked approx 2/3 of servers were using the default 50% TK damage. The other third uses 100%.

• Yep, tried it.

50% team damage + 100% enemy damage = youre done son

• It’s part of the game, man. If you wanna go solo then you should be prepared to lonewolf and treat team mates like they’re toxic zombies. I know it’s frustrating when your team mates are your greatest threat but there’s plenty of things for you to do far away from your team mates that still net you tons of kills and few deaths while playing the objective.

• Its hard to get surgical precision on your strikes. I know, its hard to swallow when you’re on the receiving end of another’s mistake, but that’s just how the game is.

Decent players will probably apologize after a tk though.

• @Wangmaster:

“Shit sorry man!”
    “Sorry for tk”
    “Crap, sry.”
    “LOL sorry!” <–- best one.

• Chivalry would be awful without friendly fire. It’d just be a cluster or slash spamming Knights and blind catapult shots.

• 200% team damage by default and a 30 second spawn delay penalty for each TK would solve the LMB problem.

• Another thread about TKing. Awesome.

No, really.

• @Sir:

200% team damage by default and a 30 second spawn delay penalty for each TK would solve the LMB problem.

Maybe after x number of team kills the player should get a pop-up saying “we noticed you’re getting a lot of team kills. Try using stabs or overhand attacks when you’re around allys.”

• @T_Roy:

@Sir Dognipple:

200% team damage by default and a 30 second spawn delay penalty for each TK would solve the LMB problem.

Maybe after x number of team kills the player should get a pop-up saying “we noticed you’re getting a lot of team kills. Try using stabs or overhand attacks when you’re around allys.”

The chat box usually does this after while with something along the lines of, “Quit LMB mashing, noob! You’re killing teammates!” Maybe if voice chat was a bit better, people would use it and yell at people :lol:

• I’ve always thought that a player’s respawn time could be extended depending on the amount of damage or number of teamkills he got before dying. Maybe give the player time to cool off.

But since there are always teamkills that are purely accidental, having a player out of action for a long time can be unfair. So that won’t really work.

• Inflicting team damage should reflect back to yourself.

A team kill should penalize your score by 10 but also negate the next kill you get (score wise). More than 3 TKs in the same game should automatically kick you from the server.

Finally, being killed by a teammate should not factor into your total deaths.

• I just want to throw this out there, but… when I die to a war machine, I destroy it. I often incite tk wars, but it’s ALWAYS worth it. Sure, haha, catapult is fun, ahhahaha, zomgooglies, yippee. Hahaha, destroying catapults is fun too, ehehehe, ahoohaa, stuff you.

• If 2 allies are fighting 1 enemy player. Keep moving.

You need to mark a player, and fight him. The more of the other team you can preoccupy, the higher the chance of you being able to defend the objective or complete it if you’re attacking.

Try to avoid a vulture playstyle, you don’t need to risk hitting teammates to kill someone who’s already outnumbered and likely to lose.

Unless you’re desperate to get kills so you can show off your e-peen.

• @MrRedshark:

Try to avoid a vulture playstyle, you don’t need to risk hitting teammates to kill someone who’s already outnumbered and likely to lose.

I think this is the issue. It’s the internet culture that has been bred over the years - only engage battles against weak opponents and cry/scream when it happens to you. Everyone’s looking for an easy win to make themselves feel good and better than the next guy.

It’s a symptom of immaturity; you’ll never get rid of it on the internet.

• @JHoersten2:

@MrRedshark:

I think this is the issue. It’s the internet culture that has been bred over the years - only engage battles against weak opponents and cry/scream when it happens to you. Everyone’s looking for an easy win to make themselves feel good and better than the next guy.

It’s a symptom of immaturity; you’ll never get rid of it on the internet.

But it makes no logical sense. What is the point of winning if it wasn’t due to your own personal skill? There’s no reward. This isn’t an MMO with territory control or a significant progression system.

Yet people will often mercilessly team kill their opponents in order to get the last hit on the enemy. It really makes me dislike playing any team games besides LTS, because at least then I can avoid the initial clusterfuck and pick off whoever is left after.