Night Of The Plague

• Maybe this could be a mode next halloween. Oh well, let’s just listen.

Night Of The Plague….
    STORY:
    Agatha were living peaceful in their stronghold that has a wealthy town, and a castle of course. A man coverd in mud and filth rushes to the town gate, and screams ‘‘He attacked me! Let me in!’’ The Guards look at each other and decide to let him in and have a talk. The man runs into the town as the gates open, and the guards do not bother to stop him. The man later starts biting peasents, and then the peasents turn into some type of cannibalish demon.

Gameplay:
    As a Agatha knight, you must save the town with your group of friends by slaying all the waves of the infected. The Infected are NPCs, and they move pretty fast. They grab on to the player and shake them viciously, and the player’s screen gets blurry. To kick the infected off, they must push F. But If they don’t in time, the zombie bites down at his neck ripping it open. Making him a zombie in armor. Players do not respawn. Zombies can also hit, causing minor damage but stuns you a bit. If a group of zombies get around you and start hitting you, you are pretty much doomed.

Objectives:
    Defend all the non-infected peasents.
    Don’t let the infected get in the castle
    Fall back into the castle and protect the lord ( A player spawns as the lord)
    Defend the lord for about 7 mins

Changes in gameplay: You do not respawn. Your weapons are less effective against zombies!

• This could be fun.

Good for a Halloween event anyway.

• Will there be diseased people launched by catapults?

• There have already been threads on this - use the search button.

Not every game needs a zombie mode. Want zombies? Go buy one of those games. Stop beating a dead horse already.

• PLEASE stop with the zombies already…. Just go play CoD or Left 4 Dead or something if you want zombies… Or Killing Floor…

• What if they were just regular peasants, not zombies? It could be like a peasant revolt where the King and his men are holed up in a castle while waves of peasants try to beat the door in.

• @grappo:

What if they were just regular peasants, not zombies? It could be like a peasant revolt where the King and his men are holed up in a castle while waves of peasants try to beat the door in.

Oh, you mean like the Mason Order?

• @JHoersten2:

@grappo:

What if they were just regular peasants, not zombies? It could be like a peasant revolt where the King and his men are holed up in a castle while waves of peasants try to beat the door in.

Oh, you mean like the Mason Order?

You totally stole my joke. :P

• Already proposed.

NPC plague victims sounds like a good idea initially, but is infinitely worse when you delve into it. The AI patterns get predictable and exploitable after 5 minutes of play and what’s left for the survivors to do once they’ve fallen? I suppose adding objectives would allow for soldier respawns, but if this game mode is to stand a chance of being made my Torn Banner then it needs to as bare boned as possible. Pure survival hilarity will have to do for now.

Anything else can be added on once the SDK is released.

• Ow yes, I’d love this. I was suggesting this and really got excited.
    I know zombie mobies, games and mods are a bit outdone these days, but I think in this game it would be something entirely different, and could be done fairly easily I’m thinking.

What would appeal to me most would be a co-op mode or multiplayer with only one team and hundreds of medieval zombie pesants ánd knights/vanguards etc.
    The story would obviously be centered around the black plague, and the recent dead from a huge Mason vs Agatha battle would come back to life on the battlefield, forcing the living Mason ánd Agatha soldiers back into the fortress to work together. Sort of like Army of Darkness :)
    The undead horde would then besiege the castle (not just mindless zombies, but more army of darkness style) with ladders and battering rams etc and it’s the livings task to survive long enough for reinforcements to arrive or something like that.

Man… I’d have so much fun with that… standing on the walls as archers, vanguards and knights along side you for when the ladders reach the walls. Others behind the gate in a shield wall forcing the zombies who battered down the gate into a bottleneck and cutting them down. Shooting catapults from behind the walls, spilling hot tar on zombies below.

Would be so impressive in this game. Especially if it could manage large numbers of undead :)

Please make it. TAKE MY MONEY!