Server browser: incorrect ping & players, incomplete list.

• Hi there. I’m having some problems playing Chivalry lately due to the server list showing incorrect information as of about a week and a half or two weeks ago. No browser problems at all up until this point.

When I go to get or refresh the server list, with or without filters, it takes a while to populate the server list and when it does all of the servers average at 1300 ms, and it seems like there aren’t enough players in most of them. It also frequently comes back with only a handful of servers. But when I join any of these servers, my ping is much lower, about what I would expect for wherever the server might be based, and the player count is quite different.

I have tried reinstalling Chivalry as well as disabling my software firewall. I’m not sure what else I should be trying here. I’d really appreciate some advice as this makes it very difficult to find a server to play on.

Thank you.

• Hi Locus,

So you can play just fine once you join a server?

Would you please delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games and try running the game? This will reset video settings and custom keybinds.

If that shows no improvement, please do/give the following:

1. Remove the line “Suppress=DevOnline” from the UDKEngine.ini found here: Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config. Then open the game and sit on the server browser for roughly 10 minutes (grab a cup of coffee). Then exit the game cleanly and attach the Launch.log in a reply found here: Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs.

2. Attach your DxDiag.txt in your reply. It’s found by clicking the Start Menu Button, typing in dxdiag.txt into the search field, clicking the dxdiag app in the search results, then clicking the Save All Information button in the app.

3. What motherboard do you have?

4. What firewall/anti spyware/anti malware/anti virus software do you use?

5. What router (if any) do you have and how are you connected to it?

6. What kind of modem do you have?

7. Is your internet connection a home/residential connection or are you on a university/corporate network?

• Apologies for the late reply. I was out visiting family for the holiday, and somehow in that time the server list problem has completely cleared up on its own. With my luck it will probably return at some point, so I’ll provide what I have just in case.

Yes, I get what appears to be a regular ping once I am connected to a server, though without knowing the actual rate I often end up on high-ping servers and have to find a game by trial and error. I tried deleting the folder from My Games but that had no effect on the server list.

My motherboard is a GA-Z77X-UD3H, and my security software is Comodo Firewall plus Avast Antivirus.

For a router I’m using a Belkin N600 DB (F9K1102v1) set up in the DMZ of an Actiontec Wireless N VDSL Modem. (V1000H) This is a residential internet connection.

Lastly, while initially investigating this problem I started having issues browsing servers on the game Natural Selection 2, so in my case the problem appears to be with my connection, setup, or roommates and not with Chivalry.

I will look into your troubleshooting suggestions 1 and 2 if/when this issue resurfaces. Until then perhaps someone will find this information useful.