[SOLVED]Game wont start

• whenever I try to launch the game, it says “windows cannot find amdcpusetup.exe” and the game doesn’t start

• If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\AMD and run the CheckAMDCPU.exe, what happens?

• It says Welcome to the AMD CPU driver installation wizard. And when I click next and install the thing, it says the drivers were successfully installed on this computer. But the driver is Advanced Micro Device…

• @phunk:

It says Welcome to the AMD CPU driver installation wizard. And when I click next and install the thing, it says the drivers were successfully installed on this computer. But the driver is Advanced Micro Device…

Are you using an Intel CPU?

Might as well attach your DxDiag.txt (found by clicking the Start Menu, typing dxdiag into the search field, opening the dxdiag app from the search results, and clicking the Save All Information button in the app) in a reply here.

• here it is

• @phunk:

here it is

Thanks. Okay you are using an AMD cpu. So running the CheckAMDCPU.exe didn’t fix letting the game run? Did it bring up the same error that you guy from launching the game through Steam? What happens if you run amdcpusetup.exe from the same location as the CheckAMDCPU.exe? Any different results? What happens if you launch Chivalry from it’s UDK.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32) directly?

• @ReMixx:

@phunk:

here it is

Thanks. Okay you are using an AMD cpu. So running the CheckAMDCPU.exe didn’t fix letting the game run? Did it bring up the same error that you guy from launching the game through Steam? What happens if you run amdcpusetup.exe from the same location as the CheckAMDCPU.exe? Any different results? What happens if you launch Chivalry from it’s UDK.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32) directly?

The CheckAMDCPU.exe didn’t fixed the problem it still show the error message. If I run amdcpusetup.exe, it does the same thing as CheckAMDCPU, the installation comes up and it says it installed successfully. When I launch UDK.exe, no message appears and it says on steam that I am playing the game, but it disapear after like 5 second. Nothing happen. Game isn’t launching.

• @phunk:

The CheckAMDCPU.exe didn’t fixed the problem it still show the error message. If I run amdcpusetup.exe, it does the same thing as CheckAMDCPU, the installation comes up and it says it installed successfully. When I launch UDK.exe, no message appears and it says on steam that I am playing the game, but it disapear after like 5 second. Nothing happen. Game isn’t launching.

Is there a Launch.log in Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs? If so, please attach it in a reply here. If there are any .dmp files in that folder, please attach them too.

• here, no dmp files in here, just a lot of Launch-backup txt file

• Hrmmm. Try running the two vcredist executables in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and the DXSETUP.exe in the DXRedistCutdown folder. Then try launching through Steam again.

If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling the game - completely redownloading it. If that doesn’t work, we’ll call in backup (backup is rather busy at the moment, so I hope that we can fix it without them).

• didn’t work :/ I am going to try to re download it

• @phunk:

didn’t work :/ I am going to try to re download it

re download didn’t solve the problem still have the same error message

• Okay, I’m going to notify a dev to come check on this. It may take longer than usual due to the holidays and the crunch to get the new patch out. Your patience is appreciated :)

Edit:
    What if you launch the amdcpusetup.exe and the UDK.exe as admin?

• alright thank you I’ll just wait for it. Running them as admin doesn’t work either

• Hi, I am also having the same problem as mentioned. I have tried all the soloutions that were proposed but it has yield no results :( .

Lets call in backup :D

• yup lets just wait for it, i really want to play that game uhhh u_u

• ok guys I fixed it somehow… I needed to dual boot because some game needed windows 7 (I was on XP) and I tried for fun to see if the game would work now on windows 7 and it worked… I guess maybe the game is not supported with XP?

• @phunk:

ok guys I fixed it somehow… I needed to dual boot because some game needed windows 7 (I was on XP) and I tried for fun to see if the game would work now on windows 7 and it worked… I guess maybe the game is not supported with XP?

Good to hear that it is fixed. Yes the game is supported for Windows XP. The AMD drivers are only needed on Windows XP, so by moving to Windows 7 you bypass the need for it altogether. It still doesn’t solve the issue for those still on XP though (very few people, but still a few).

• Oh I see! Well hope we find out the problem with the XP

• @phunk:

Oh I see! Well hope we find out the problem with the XP

I think that I’ve only see at most 5 people with the AMD CPU issue on XP (others with AMD CPUs and XP work just fine) since I’ve become a moderator. It’s a very small subset of players, but still needs to be addressed at some point.