Kicked from free for all for winning

• I was kicked from a FREE FOR ALL server for, basically, getting kills. Some guy got super butthurt that I was stealing kills and such. I told him it’s a free for all server and to stop complaining. Well he issues a votekick against me and I got kicked. What the hell is that? Is it not a free for all server? Why should I be kicked because some guy got his panties in a bunch? This is just really upsetting when I play the game well and get votekicked for it

• As you said he got mad because you were stealing kills, but thats not a reason to votekick you.

• @Metrocop:

As you said he got mad because you were stealing kills, but thats not a reason to votekick you.

I see free for all like this, basically, the one who can run around and get as many kills as possible no matter what wins. If he doesn’t like this he can join a duel server or something.

But what really upset me was that I wasn’t even in first place. I was in third with about 60 kills, and some guy was in first with like 85 and he was doing what I was doing, only better. The guy who initiated the votekick against me was 0 and 14 and was in dead last. I don’t see what’s wrong with my play style when you’re in FFA

• @BOWNT:

@Metrocop:

As you said he got mad because you were stealing kills, but thats not a reason to votekick you.

I see free for all like this, basically, the one who can run around and get as many kills as possible no matter what wins. If he doesn’t like this he can join a duel server or something.

But what really upset me was that I wasn’t even in first place. I was in third with about 60 kills, and some guy was in first with like 85 and he was doing what I was doing, only better. The guy who initiated the votekick against me was 0 and 14 and was in dead last. I don’t see what’s wrong with my play style when you’re in FFA

Yeah, in FFA everything counts, he votekicked you probably because he was getting killed a lot and you stole some of his kills, so he got mad.

• Sounds familiar lol i get votekicked all the time for that reason and a load of other stupid ones such as cheating, whining, killing teamates who are attacking me, killing tkers, winning, kicked on dual servers for killing total dickheads who attack without a duel, slashing (when surrounded with no teammates).

• That’s what happens in FFA’s. Most of the time it’s just a spamfest, and whoever has the greatest reach wins the match. The gametype is hugely dependent on luck, and having bad luck combined with bad temper can easily make a person abuse votekick.

That’s however pretty normal and isn’t necessarily bound to the FFA gametype and I think everyone has encountered an abuse of the votekick system. Most of the time it gets declined, but it seems your server was full of douches.

It’s however not that big of a deal, and there are already tons of threads about this issue. Perhaps it’d be best if you’d use the search function first and add your voice to one of those instead of hoarding up the ‘I got unjustly kicked’ threads.

• It would be faster to join another server than to come here and cry about it.

• @BOWNT:

@Metrocop:

60 kills and you weren’t in first!? Was there an extended timer, or are you mistaking this number for score?

• Happened to a friend of mine a while ago too. We were both in the same FFA and he was doing really good. Suddenly someone started a votekick and of course it succeeded. Some people are just idiots, and the guys accepting votekicks blindly in FFA are just retarded.

Also got votekicked off a TDM yesterday, was me and the same guy on a team with a bunch of randoms, the other team had five guys from the same clan. Yif or Yip or something similar, one of them started a votekick on me and it succeeded.

Some people are just pansies.

• @Sir:

It would be faster to join another server than to come here and cry about it.

Best answer here.

The forums aren’t here for you to cry and whine about the game. If you don’t have anything important or contributory to say, don’t bother posting.

• Most of the time these threads feel more like boasting than crying. “Hey, guys, I have a problem: I’m SOOOOOO good at this game that everyone hates me! Isn’t that just awful? People just can’t handle how good I am! Also, when someone else is mad at me, they’re ‘butthurt’, but when I’m mad at them, it’s such a legitimate problem that the whole community needs to rally together and pay attention to me and come up with a solution!”

I’m happy to have a conversation about the votekick mechanic, but there are already several threads on this subject. In my experience, I’ve seen many, many people just completely dominate a room, with 10+ KDRs, and while they may get some angry comments in chat, I have yet to see someone get votekicked out for it. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but I just haven’t seen it yet in ~100 hours of play time.

• @Leojin:

60 kills and you weren’t in first!? Was there an extended timer, or are you mistaking this number for score?

nah he totally got a kill every 10 seconds without ever dying.

• Honestly, this is just the same topic that keeps coming up over and over and over. Please join one of the other million threads already listed about the votekick system.

Thanks and locked.