Servers Not Showing Up AT ALL

• I purchased Chivalry one or two weeks ago, and had no problems playing until this week. For the past couple of days, every time I start the game and press “join game”, NO servers appear. I have researched this and have tried all of the suggestions, yet nothing has worked. Can anyone tell me why this is happening or how to fix it? I know this is happening to others but there are still many who are having no problems. It is very disappointing considering that I was working on getting veteran helmets. Any comments would be appreciated.

• Did you try changing the gamespeed filter to anything but 100% and then back to 100%?

Have you tried rebooting your computer and router/modem?

Someone just recently said that reinstalling the game fixed this issue for them. Don’t worry about stats/helmets as that is saved in Steam Stats online.

• I have rebooted my computer, and I have gone onto steam and verified the integrity of the game, which is similar to re-installing, but I have not changed the gamespeed filter or rebooted the router/modem. How do you change the gamespeed filter?

• Open the in-game server browser and click on filters in the bottom left. Gamespeed is one of the options. Set it to anything but 100% and then back to 100%. Some have reported success with that.

• Well trying that did not do anything, but something that happened was when I right clicked the empty server list, it gave me the options it normally would if a server was there, and when I clicked on the option of “view server info,” I got an error message saying the UDK.exe has stopped working, and the game then exits. Do you know what that means?

• @Deicide:

Well trying that did not do anything, but something that happened was when I right clicked the empty server list, it gave me the options it normally would if a server was there, and when I clicked on the option of “view server info,” I got an error message saying the UDK.exe has stopped working, and the game then exits. Do you know what that means?

That’s a known bug by trying to get server info on a null server. I’ll spare you the technical details here :)

First try deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games\ if you haven’t done so already. This will reset video settings and any custom keybinds.

Then if that doesn’t fix the issue, would you please remove the line “Suppress=DevOnline” from the UDKEngine.ini found here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config. Then open the game and the server browser and let it sit on the server browser for roughly 10 minutes (go grab a cup of coffee). Then exit the game cleanly and attach the Launch.log (found here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs) in a reply to this thread.

• First try deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games\ if you haven’t done so already. This will reset video settings and any custom keybinds.

After doing that and starting the game, two servers appeared, both with 0 players and one had over 550 ping and the other had over 880 ping. I will try your other suggestion next.

• I deleted the “Suppress=DevOnline” and ran the server browser for 10 minutes. My launch.log is attached to this post.

• @Deicide:

After doing that and starting the game, two servers appeared, both with 0 players and one had over 550 ping and the other had over 880 ping. I will try your other suggestion next.

Hmmm interesting. Your log shows that you are receiving server information just fine. Are you perhaps signed up for the Chivalry beta? That would explain why only 2 servers show up (since there’s only like 3 or 4 beta servers).

• I am having the exact problem as this original poster, have tried numerous fixes, and do not want to re-instal unless absolutely nothing else works. And I was previously playing the game just fine, and in between games when I suddenly could no longer see any servers on the server screen join game list….

• "Hmmm interesting. Your log shows that you are receiving server information just fine. Are you perhaps signed up for the Chivalry beta? That would explain why only 2 servers show up (since there’s only like 3 or 4 beta servers).

I am in the beta because that was listed as one of this fixes.

• Ok, the servers are showing up now. I deleted the Chivalry folder in Documents\My Games\ again to reset the settings, and I also opted out of all betas. The servers are all there now, which I am happy about, but the ping on all servers is higher than it used to be, like the servers that used to have 100 to 150 ping now have over 400 ping. But there other servers I can play on :)

• Thanks a lot for your help :P