Bleed it out

• Alright in AoC I am big on Javilineer and the one thing that annoyed me to know end was throwing a javelin into someones head/chest and watching them run around attacking people.

So is it going/possible to have bleed damage implemented into Chivarly because most people don’t last long after having a spear shoved into their skull XD

• no bleeding, just burning :)

• ya light that jav on fire baby! lol!

• haha

But yea this is a pretty good idea!

Perhaps do something like after your below 25% HP you start to bleed out slowly and will die eventually I think it would be fairly simple to implement with a good script or the like

• this was discussed earlier in another thread, the general consensus was that it wouldn’t be very fun to win a fight only to bleed out afterwards

• Vox, are there critical wounds there? I remember it was discussed. I mean critical = disabled arm, blurred vision on heavy head trauma or lame leg.

And btw. - are there different arrow types?

I feel so sorry for me i have no time to alpha-test :(

• @Vox:

this was discussed earlier in another thread, the general consensus was that it wouldn’t be very fun to win a fight only to bleed out afterwards

Oh wasn’t aware that it was already brought up, and I can kinda see your point on dying after a minor battle as well. Though i’m trying to get at is if you have a massive javelin through your body or an arrow in your head it could bring some hindrance.

• @Darbtree:

Oh wasn’t aware that it was already brought up, and I can kinda see your point on dying after a minor battle as well. Though i’m trying to get at is if you have a massive javelin through your body or an arrow in your head it could bring some hindrance.

yah, i understand what you’re trying to get at, it did look pretty awkward in aoc watching a HK run around with a jav through his chest/head, but in the end it is a game that’s going to semi-realism.

@yush:

Vox, are there critical wounds there? I remember it was discussed. I mean critical = disabled arm, blurred vision on heavy head trauma or lame leg.

i don’t think i can talk about the types of arrows, other than the flaming ones, so i’ll let a dev say something about that if they will. Again, critical hits were discussed in another thread and the consensus was no because it would be such a random thing that you couldn’t really protect against, or that it wouldn’t be very intuitive to be getting hit for massive damage, then normal damage.

• @Vox:

@Darbtree:

yah, i understand what you’re trying to get at, it did look pretty awkward in aoc watching a HK run around with a jav through his chest/head, but in the end it is a game that’s going to semi-realism.

@yush:

Vox, are there critical wounds there? I remember it was discussed. I mean critical = disabled arm, blurred vision on heavy head trauma or lame leg.

i don’t think i can talk about the types of arrows, other than the flaming ones, so i’ll let a dev say something about that if they will. Again, critical hits were discussed in another thread and the consensus was no because it would be such a random thing that you couldn’t really protect against, or that it wouldn’t be very intuitive to be getting hit for massive damage, then normal damage.

i think you answered his question :D

• Thank You kindly :)