What is the advantage of the bearded axe?

• Just wondering what the advantage of the bearded axe is compared to the poleaxe. I see no reason to use it over the pole axe to be honest. Also I see no reason to use the tier 1 axe over the poleaxe or the bearded. Just general balance questions because from me playing I find the bearded axe to not be as good as the poleaxe

• @BOWNT:

Just wondering what the advantage of the bearded axe is compared to the poleaxe. I see no reason to use it over the pole axe to be honest. Also I see no reason to use the tier 1 axe over the poleaxe or the bearded. Just general balance questions because from me playing I find the bearded axe to not be as good as the poleaxe

The new patching coming increases the speed drastically on the bearded axe. Oh, and it has a beard. Obviously it is the most manly weapon. :longb:

• They’re not too different other than Pole Axe has a better stab and the Bearded Axe is slightly faster and (I think) bigger.

It’s pretty much a matter of preference, although I’ve yet to use the beta B. Axe stats, I think the pre-beta Bearded Axe is a fine weapon and has that great viking feel.

• @ReMixx:

@BOWNT:

Just wondering what the advantage of the bearded axe is compared to the poleaxe. I see no reason to use it over the pole axe to be honest. Also I see no reason to use the tier 1 axe over the poleaxe or the bearded. Just general balance questions because from me playing I find the bearded axe to not be as good as the poleaxe

The new patching coming increases the speed drastically on the bearded axe. Oh, and it has a beard. Obviously it is the most manly weapon. :longb:

PM me pre-patch notes pls

• Bearded Axe is extremely fast in the next patch, it’s almost silly.

• @SlyGoat:

Bearded Axe is extremely fast in the next patch, it’s almost silly.

If anything, it should have been the Double Axe that was buffed speed wise, due to it being a whole lot smaller.

• @Martin:

@SlyGoat:

If anything, it should have been the Double Axe that was buffed speed wise, due to it being a whole lot smaller.

Like I said before, Bearded should be single-strikes, Double should be combo speed. Otherwise what’s the point of having an axe on both sides ;)

• That’s also a valid point!

• @SlyGoat:

@Martin:

@SlyGoat:

Like I said before, Bearded should be single-strikes, Double should be combo speed. Otherwise what’s the point of having an axe on both sides ;)

I have to agree with this.

• buff doubleaxe!

• but then i might not be able to kick doubleaxe users to death while laughing at them

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

but then i might not be able to kick doubleaxe users to death while laughing at them

Its so short and slow, the dmg isnt even good.

Running in circles and laughing at them feels bad.