Knights left out.

• Imo the Knights have been left out. I read the norse sword was reduced in some way? way back.
    other classes got it all. How can a vanguard have swords that out range Knights swords?
    Archers got buffed. Maa got buffed. Vans left alone with op still and range plus rhino charges?
    Knights got some old chain with a ball on the end? I would have preferred a new type of sword with longer range tbh. (my view only btw)

• Bearded axe got a buff. Knights get flails.

• knights shouldn’t have the longest weapons

• All the swords the knights use are bastard (hand and a half) swords. Hence they can be wielded with one or two hands. Vanguards swords all are two handers so it only makes sense theirs would have more range.

• Knights are already tanks. Giving them a longer range weapon would make them invincible.

• Knights take 3 to 4 hit to kill them thats a huge advantage over the vangards
    The two handed swods balance the difference between them!!!
    If any thing archers need to be buffed alittle more getting one shot killed is frustrating at least

• I think your interpretation of a knight’s role in Chivalry is a little warped.

• As a Vanguard I kill knights in 3-hits (no 2-handed blunt weapon after all), while every other class dies in 1-2 hits. Knights on the other hand can easily kill everything under 2 hits when equipped with a two-handed mace. They also can get a shield, so there is that.

• @loin:

Imo the Knights have been left out. I read the norse sword was reduced in some way? way back.
    other classes got it all. How can a vanguard have swords that out range Knights swords?
    Archers got buffed. Maa got buffed. Vans left alone with op still and range plus rhino charges?
    Knights got some old chain with a ball on the end? I would have preferred a new type of sword with longer range tbh. (my view only btw)

Vanguards are supposed to have the best damage dealers in the game, while knights have the best survivability.

• People who play knights know they are being left out. Yes the bearded axe got a buff, but that just turns it from a completely useless weapon into an average weapon.

Theres a big misconception that knights are “tanks”. Im sorry, but knights die in 2-4 hits. That aint no tank.

Knights are primarily archer-killers. But because the archer melee is so OP (blocking mauls with a dagger), they cant even do their primary function well. In 1v1 duels, knights do well because there is more room for mistake. But this isnt a 1v1 game.

Honestly, this game is just becoming a FPS because everyone has realized that archers are completely OP and playing the other classes is just so the archers have something to shoot at.

• @ransack:

People who play knights know they are being left out. Yes the bearded axe got a buff, but that just turns it from a completely useless weapon into an average weapon.

Theres a big misconception that knights are “tanks”. Im sorry, but knights die in 2-4 hits. That aint no tank.

Knights are primarily archer-killers. But because the archer melee is so OP (blocking mauls with a dagger), they cant even do their primary function well. In 1v1 duels, knights do well because there is more room for mistake. But this isnt a 1v1 game.

Honestly, this game is just becoming a FPS because everyone has realized that archers are completely OP and playing the other classes is just so the archers have something to shoot at.

Are you serious?

First of all, knights will only die in 2 hits against other knights or against Vanguards who manage to precisely land 2 heavy attacks right on the head with a giant weapon. Every other class can easily die in 1-2 hits, yet knights can survive 3, and against weaker smaller weapons 4+ hits. If you can’t handle archers in melee, then you are just bad and the archer is not completely clueless about basic melee techniques.

If archers are completely OP, why is it they rarely top charts? Even the good ones only get to stay in the upper 50%, unless the rest of the team are completely clueless.

• Knights are amazing for keeping an enemy distracted while your teammate flanks them and gets the kill. Unfortunately we don’t get any sort of recognition for this.

• I play knight all the time with the sword of war which is the first knight sword unlock. It feels to me like the STRONGEST CLASS IN THE GAME due to it’s balance between defense and offense. Super stabby on the two-hand from 70% that of a vanguard claymore range and can also click 1 again to pull up my trusty tower shield and become a damn rook. And got my trusty morning star for when I need that extra backhand ka-pow to cave some pesky MAA’s face in. - All in all a knight IMO is all in the footing. It’s not a charging class. If you charge it you will get mowed down and schooled.

I join the many voices here saying the Knight isn’t supposed to be the power-attack class.
    If i’d want that I would go for the vanguard class which is for it imo.

• @GhoXen:

Are you serious?

First of all, knights will only die in 2 hits against other knights or against Vanguards who manage to precisely land 2 heavy attacks right on the head with a giant weapon. Every other class can easily die in 1-2 hits, yet knights can survive 3, and against weaker smaller weapons 4+ hits. If you can’t handle archers in melee, then you are just bad and the archer is not completely clueless about basic melee techniques.

If archers are completely OP, why is it they rarely top charts? Even the good ones only get to stay in the upper 50%, unless the rest of the team are completely clueless.

Yes im serious. Knights also die in 2 hits from a bodkin/warbow. So knights die in 2 hits from 3 of 4 classes. And they are supposed to be tanks?

Knights can only kill other classes in 1-2 hits if they use something like a maul. But generally, you cant use a maul against vanguards or archers (you can but its very ineffective and puts you at a massive disadvantage), you need to switch to the secondary. Which means 3-4 hits to kill them just like every other class. Vanguards dont need to switch to their secondaries nearly as often as knights do.

A knight has a tiny bit more armor (can survive maybe 1 extra hit), and that is offset by being extremely slow both in movement AND weapon speed with only moderate weapon reach. They are a versatile class, but also the weakest overall.

• @ransack:

Yes im serious. Knights also die in 2 hits from a bodkin/warbow. So knights die in 2 hits from 3 of 4 classes. And they are supposed to be tanks?

Knights can only kill other classes in 1-2 hits if they use something like a maul. But generally, you cant use a maul against vanguards or archers (you can but its very ineffective and puts you at a massive disadvantage), you need to switch to the secondary. Which means 3-4 hits to kill them just like every other class. Vanguards dont need to switch to their secondaries nearly as often as knights do.

A knight has a tiny bit more armor (can survive maybe 1 extra hit), and that is offset by being extremely slow both in movement AND weapon speed with only moderate weapon reach. They are a versatile class, but also the weakest overall.

Well, other classes die in a single hit in the head from warbow. :?

Why can’t you use a Maul against Vanguard and Archer? I kill them easily all the time using either a Grand Mace or Pole Axe. While Knights have slow weapons, they also have faster weapons. I don’t see a sacrifice in weapon speed (then again, the weapon I’m best with is the Zweihander). Also Knights can kill all other classes except other Knights with 2 hits even wielding a high damage secondary. It’s really only necessary in some cases to switch to secondary when your primary weapon is too slow (i.e. Zweihander), but both Vanguard and Knight can use faster weapons, so that’s a matter of player choice.

I just don’t see how you can consider Knight as the weakest class. I find it to be the second strongest class in the game, with archer being the weakest. Archers are limited to the role of support, and even exceptional archers simply cannot output as much damage as a skilled player in melee range due to the nature of the class.

Knights have an effective health of 160 against swings, 150 against pierce and 140 against blunt. Vanguard has only an effective health of 130 against swings, 120 against pierce and 130 against blunt. Aside from blunt (which armored players are supposed to be weak against), nearly a 25% increase is hardly “a tiny bit more armor”. That one extra hit is a lot in a game where people don’t usually live past 2 hits.

• Wow, only headshots… Knights are regularly at the top of the list, up with Vanguard and much better average the MAA and especially archers. If you can’t play a knight try a different class. The slow speed throws off my timing so I do better at MAA and Vanguard personally.

Try to get your FPS well over 40, that can hurt you. The point is not getting hit, this is a fast paced game. I wish that we could take more hits but we can’t, but knight can certainly survive more than the rest. I’ve hit a knight with three bodkin arrows on warbow and then three more dagger slashes before he took my head off with his maul.

• @ReMixx:

Bearded axe got a buff. Knights get flails.

When do knights get flails? In the next patch? Because I haven’t seen any flails

• @BOWNT:

@ReMixx:

Bearded axe got a buff. Knights get flails.

When do knights get flails? In the next patch? Because I haven’t seen any flails

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1683

• @ransack:

3 of 4 classes get shields, shields which can deal very well with archers. Archers are a support class, they only get secondary weapons to play with in melee, which are short, fast, but weak as. They have to clearly outplay you to beat you in melee, unless you were low on health or something. They’re an asset to the team, but as support, they can never carry a team. Unless they so out-skill the opposition, be glad they chose Archer and not the other classes.

If in melee with them, remember your class advantage. Vanguard has range and power, Knight has shields which gives them great control, and easy to make distance with shield bash, and from behind a shield can feint them out no problem, while being immune to such yourself (if 2h knight, copy vanguards). MAA has dodge. Dodge is incredible in the right hands, but takes a lot of know-how to use efficiently (a brilliant MAA can win almost any 1v1).

• Are we really complaining about the knight? It’s the best class in the game (ignoring archers on archer maps).