Adding friends/inviting friends

• Hey all,

Recently picked up this game while it was on sale, as I’m sure a lot of people did, and I’m enjoying it immensely!

However I am having a few issues that’s really taking the fun out of it. More specifically trying to find and play with my friends, It seems that even though my friends are online in steam it doesn’t show what server they are on, making grouping an incredibly laborious task.

Any veterans know of a less painful way to quickly group up with my friends and start mindlessly screaming and decapitating my enemies(and the occasional friendlies)?

• It is a bit wonky at the moment and we appreciate your patience while it gets sorted out.

The best way to join friends is have one person join a server, then everyone else exit the game and right click on the person in the server on their Steam friends list and choose Join Game. This will automagically launch the game and connect to the server that they are on.

You can also try the Friends tab in the Server Browser. (You are able to right click on the server and choose View Info to see a list of players currently on the server to confirm that your friend is indeed on that one).

You can also open up your friend’s steam profile page. It will show that they are playing Chivalry in the top right corner with a link to Join Game. Clicking this should show a popup with the IP address of the server that they are on. You can then take this ip address and connect to the server manually in-game by opening the in-game console (tilde key) and typing:

open ipaddress:port

• Is it possible to add players to your friends list in game? I wanted to add someone last night but their name returned about 100 matches on steam. Ended up just having them add me instead since my name seems to be unique.

• @T_Roy:

Is it possible to add players to your friends list in game? I wanted to add someone last night but their name returned about 100 matches on steam. Ended up just having them add me instead since my name seems to be unique.

Tab out to the steam-overlay and press the “players” button. If the person is still in the game with you he’ll be in the current game list, if not then check the recently played with list.

Find the person there and add them to your steam friends list.

• @Ulven:

@T_Roy:

Is it possible to add players to your friends list in game? I wanted to add someone last night but their name returned about 100 matches on steam. Ended up just having them add me instead since my name seems to be unique.

Tab out to the steam-overlay and press the “players” button. If the person is still in the game with you he’ll be in the current game list, if not then check the recently played with list.

Find the person there and add them to your steam friends list.

Thanks. I’m rather new to stream. My first game was Skyrim and you don’t exactly make a lot of online friends playing that game.