[SOLVED] Game freezes within ~15 seconds

• Hi there,

Very excited when this pinged as a daily deal on Steam and like many others purchased a copy (actually - was so excited I bought a 4-pack and gifted three copies out to friends for Christmas).

So, imagine my disappointment that I can’t get this to run without freezing in ~15ish seconds every time!

Some symptoms + things that are happening:

1. I get the “windows cannot find amdcpusetup.exe” warning when first launching the game but, unlike others, I can click OK and proceed to playing.

a) I’ve gone ahead and done what other topics have noted including running both .exe programs in that folder yet I continue to receive the error.

1. If I try training, my game will have the first guy run at me and then it’ll freeze completely. I can’t alt-ctrl-del out; I have to actually perform a hard reboot.

2. One time I just said, “Let’s try just jumping into a game.” This worked for about 30 seconds - I saw someone, ran up to them, swung my sword and then it froze again to the point of me having to perform a hard reboot.

I’ve tried fullscreen, non-fullscreen, different graphical options, etc. Anyone have any advice?

My system:

Windows XP - Professional - SP3
    3 gigs of RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6700

edit I should also mention it appears I’m running a 32-bit version of XP.

• Hi chrstianbk,

Thanks for reporting. This seems to be bug that’s becoming more and more common for Windows XP and AMD CPU users.

Have you manually ran the amdcpusetup.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\AMD ?

• @ReMixx:

Hi chrstianbk,

Thanks for reporting. This seems to be bug that’s becoming more and more common for Windows XP and AMD CPU users.

Have you manually ran the amdcpusetup.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\AMD ?

Indeed I have. No dice.

However, I did think I got it working by both updating my video card drivers & making sure DirectX was up-to-date. So I think I’m good to go.

May throw those two things as options for anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thanks

• @christianbk:

@ReMixx:

Hi chrstianbk,

Indeed I have. No dice.

However, I did think I got it working by both updating my video card drivers & making sure DirectX was up-to-date. So I think I’m good to go.

May throw those two things as options for anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thanks

Okay thanks for the update! Marking this one solved.