Unlocking weapons in bot mode

• I think it would be nice to be able to unlock weapons while playing in the bot mode. This way new players would be able to try out different weapons more easily and get better at the weapons they want to use in multiplayer matches.

• Do you mean that you would unlock them in the multiplayer while playing bots, or have them just in the bot zone? I think that it would be good for just playing with bots but would be unfair in the multiplayer.

• @niles136:

Do you mean that you would unlock them in the multiplayer while playing bots, or have them just in the bot zone? I think that it would be good for just playing with bots but would be unfair in the multiplayer.

I mean unlocking them in bot mode and being able to use them in multiplayer. I don’t see how that would be unfair seeing as all the weapons are supposed to be sidegrades. If the weapons were direct upgrades then I can see how it would be an issue, but if that’s the case then the game would have bigger issues.

• No for gold farming reasons.
    If you want to unlock it, get real kills off of MP players, not bots.
    To that extent I would like to add that killing bots in a multiplayer game should not net you an unlock-kill so if it does that’s bad!
    AND
    while you should unlock the weapons in multiplayer like everyone else, you should be able to use all of them against bots in your own LAN “single player” game. So to speak that when you host a game against bots you should have all unlocked. Makes for good familiarization for new players!

• I just want to be able to unlock weapons during offline bot matches and ONLY be able to use those weapons in offline mode. Because I have a bad internet connection, I play offline more than I play online. So it would be really nice if I could upgrade my weapons, or I’ll get tired of offline matches (and the game entirely) really quickly.

• Honestly, all weapons should be unlocked in offline games against bots. It would be a great way for players to practice and try out weapons that they would like to unlock later.

When I first got the game, I thought this was actually normal, as I had all weapons unlocked in the “create game” games anyway. I spent the first hour or two of play in there getting used to the game before daring to stink it up in multiplayer, but for some reason my weapons all went away after the first time I joined an actual online game. I wish I had known that, as I would have tried out more of the weapons first.