The game won't start

• Yesterday i buyed the game, i have installed it, but after i launch it, it start with the loading image, but when it open a window with (32-Bit, DX9).

I already tried to delete the /my documents/chivalry… but the problem does’nt resolve.
    if i try to open the Example game.exe appear an error
    http://i.imgur.com/ocyef.jpg?1?6518

The pc where i try to run it is:
    WIndow XP sp3
    Dual CPU E2180 (2.0ghz)
    2GB Ram
    Nvidia 8600 gt

In the meantime, ill upload the launch.log
    [attachment=0:1t7yc4rs]Launch.log[/attachment:1t7yc4rs]
    PS: sry for my bad english.

• Bump for other information, i tried to start the game and launched Dxdiag.

[attachment=0:1jyf9500]DxDiag.txt[/attachment:1jyf9500]

• Hi TheJackal,

Let me see if I am understanding the problem correctly. You launch the game through your Steam Library and it shows a window with (32-bit, DirectX 9) in the title bar but just hangs there. Does it crash or do you have to force close it through the Windows Task Manager?

• @ReMixx:

Hi TheJackal,

Let me see if I am understanding the problem correctly. You launch the game through your Steam Library and it shows a window with (32-bit, DirectX 9) in the title bar but just hangs there. Does it crash or do you have to force close it through the Windows Task Manager?

Exactly, i have to stop the process through the task manager.

BTW i tried to uninstall the game, clear the folder of chivalrly in the steam one, and now im downloading it back… even if probably won’t fix anything…

• I have the same problem as well

• As do I

• Ok, i was trying to start the game again, i looked in the log file, and i think some thing else is happening, in fact it doesn’t stop to the “failed to…” without continuing, but there are some other things there.
    [attachment=0:5wy1g618]Launch.log[/attachment:5wy1g618]

Launching the udkgame-32debug.exe appear there’s a missing file called d3dx9d_43.dll

Launching the udkgame.exe instead, it keep hanging in the splash screen (without opening window or nothing)

• i’m having the same problem, reinstalled the game and troubleshoot the files, etc. It seems like that there is a file missing for users that doesn’t use the new windows program it seems, curious to know if there is a solution for this.

• Imma throw all the repor here!

The folder’s example game log.

[attachment=0:28f4o7kj]Launch.log[/attachment:28f4o7kj]

• Taking a look online, and to some other discussion, i think my problem is related to the kernel file…

Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: SystemSettings[SettingIndex].bFound [File:d:\depot\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\Engine\Src\SystemSettings.cpp] [Line: 507]
    Couldn’t find system setting StaticDecals in Ini section SystemSettings in Ini file …\ExampleGame\Config\ExampleSystemSettings.ini!
    Stack: Address = 0x5e6879 (filename not found) [in C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\ExampleGame.exe]

Critical: Windows GetLastError: Operazion completed. (0)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: SystemSettings[SettingIndex].bFound [File:d:\depot\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\Engine\Src\SystemSettings.cpp] [Line: 507]
    Couldn’t find system setting StaticDecals in Ini section SystemSettings in Ini file …\ExampleGame\Config\ExampleSystemSettings.ini!
    Stack: Address = 0x5e6879 (filename not found) [in C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\ExampleGame.exe]

Address = 0x7c812fd3 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32[b]KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x691461 (filename not found) [in C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32[b]ExampleGame.exe]
    Address = 0x6e45b4 (filename not found) [in C:\Programmi\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32[b]ExampleGame.exe]

Is it the problem? i tried to understand what to do in the guide sticked in this section, but i dunno what to do.
    [attachment=0:3dk06xtq]Launch.log[/attachment:3dk06xtq]

[attachment=1:3dk06xtq]unreal-v10246-2012.12.27-12.17.13.dmp[/attachment:3dk06xtq]

• Hi,

I have the same problem as you do. I bought this game last week. Is there a solution already? :o

Thank you in advance.

Jose Salcedo.

• Well, I resolved this problem with a fix proposed in this topic:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7809

Litterally, put ‘-nomovie’ in the option of launch of chivalry.