Hello, new player and some questions

• Hello, I have just bought Chivalry on Steam and have some questions because I like to customize the game:

1. Is there anywhere any deep explanation about most important parameters of UDKSystemSettings.ini? What is the best ini to maximize visuals?

2. Any way to disable AA to force FXAA using Nvidia Inspector?

3. I play with Nvidia 3D Vision and althoug most games run smooth, this game is not smooth in some maps. Also water is redered wrong. Any intention to solve?

4. Are devs going to remade animations…, or polish the existent ones?

5. I do not know if this game is DX9 or DX11. How can find out it?

• @kdaber:

Hello, I have just bought Chivalry on Steam and have some questions because I like to customize the game:

Hello kdaber and welcome to the forums!

@kdaber:

1. Is there anywhere any deep explanation about most important parameters of UDKSystemSettings.ini? What is the best ini to maximize visuals?

There isn’t any deep explanation… the settings are pretty standard across all Unreal Engine 3 games. Perhaps you can find one from a more popular game and apply it here?

@kdaber:

1. Any way to disable AA to force FXAA using Nvidia Inspector?

What happened to #2?

These are the only lines in the UDKSystemSettings.ini that I can find that relate to AA.

bAllowPostprocessMLAA=False
    bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
    bAllowTemporalAA=False

Setting them to False sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I am not familiar with the Nvidia Inspector, but the Nvidia Control Panel should be able to do the job for you.

@kdaber:

1. I play with Nvidia 3D Vision and althoug most games run smooth, this game is not smooth in some maps. Also water is redered wrong. Any intention to solve?

Where’d #4 go?

3D is a bit low on the priority list for now. Feel free to ask for the next Dev Q&A for the status on that and maybe an ETA or whatever you would like. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7494

@kdaber:

1. Are devs going to remade animations…, or polish the existent ones?

Oh there it is.

I believe the animators will continue to polish their work as they can. There’s no official word about specific animations that are to be changed… Feel free to ask this question for the next Dev Q&A video and be specific about which animations you are referring to and why. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7494

@kdaber:

1. I do not know if this game is DX9 or DX11. How can find out it?

The game only runs in DX9 for now.

• Ok, thanks for the answers.