No but really, can you remap a 360 controller?

• Hi there,

I know there are topics already asking this, both here and on the steam forums, but they all say to modify different .ini files, and I’ve tried modifying those different .ini files, and nothing seems to work.

So I was wondering if I’m making some sort of mistake, what files I should be modifying, and if it’s even possible, thanks for your time.

• Wouldn’t it be easier to use Xpadder?

• Would I be able to switch the sticks with xpadder to use look with the left stick? Because from my understanding xpadder can only be used to associate keys with buttons?

• The file you have to modify should be UDKGame.ini under “Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config”.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Wouldn’t it be easier to use Xpadder?

No you can’t, unless you keep their default buttons. If you use xpadder, the controller inputs that are native remain, so you end up with double input. I don’t like their mapping at all personally, and I need every button to play archer.

The file you have to modify should be UDKGame.ini under “Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config”.

The keymap is in the Input.ini, I could not find any keybinds in the UDKGame.ini

• Modifying the keymap in UDKInput.ini does nothing. You have to modify the one in UDKGame.ini. Starts under [UTGame.UTPlayerInput].

• @GhoXen:

Modifying the keymap in UDKInput.ini does nothing. You have to modify the one in UDKGame.ini. Starts under [UTGame.UTPlayerInput].

Thank you very much! After searching everywhere you’re the only one to give me the right file.

Now, new question, when I edited it, I just swapped the sticks, as in the only text I edited was changing the “right” to “left” and vice versa. It works, but the look up and down is inverted, what would be the reason for this?

• @GhoXen:

Modifying the keymap in UDKInput.ini does nothing. You have to modify the one in UDKGame.ini. Starts under [UTGame.UTPlayerInput].

Thank you!

• @Clarkcsm1:

@GhoXen:

Thank you very much! After searching everywhere you’re the only one to give me the right file.

Now, new question, when I edited it, I just swapped the sticks, as in the only text I edited was changing the “right” to “left” and vice versa. It works, but the look up and down is inverted, what would be the reason for this?

I’m not certain, but perhaps a cheap way to solve this problem is to tick “inverted mouse” under Input in the Configuration menu ingame.

• @GhoXen:

@Clarkcsm1:

@GhoXen:

I’m not certain, but perhaps a cheap way to solve this problem is to tick “inverted mouse” under Input in the Configuration menu ingame.

Hey do you know I can put this script in the UDKgame.ini?

Bindings=(Name=“ThumbMouseButton”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“GBA_Zoom | MouseSensitivity 18 | onrelease MouseSensitivity 45”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Weapon”,FriendlyName=“Zoom”)

People are saying it works but I can’t find the leftalt, zoom or any reference in my UDKgame.ini.

My UDKgame.ini is under server for steam, do I have the wrong file?

• Why the hell would you ever want to play this game with a controller? That like wanting to use a wheelchair in a professional footbal match… Please be trolling.

• @Filet:

Why the hell would you ever want to play this game with a controller? That like wanting to use a wheelchair in a professional footbal match… Please be trolling.

Why would you think someone is trolling if they want to use a controller? I’ve gamed both styles since NES and a controller in a game like this is much better for me. The button layout is superior for quick reactions and being able to lean back and be comfortable is also nice.

They need to add sensitivity controls to the controller, one for combat and one for aiming and he ability to remap but this is an arcade style game that will benefit from a controller.

• @SirPorkAndBeans:

@Filet:

Why the hell would you ever want to play this game with a controller? That like wanting to use a wheelchair in a professional footbal match… Please be trolling.

The button layout is superior for quick reactions

haha, so you are trolling! If you are serious you have an IQ below 80 no offence. A 5 year old child should be abled to understand how RICICULOUSLY superior a mouse and keyboard is for a game like this. Let me guess…, you dont evne use 3rd person for melee classes either?

• Wow you’re retarded, try trolling another discussion.

• @SirPorkAndBeans:

Wow you’re retarded, try trolling another discussion.

I am retarded and trolling for saying that a mouse and keyboard is far far superior to a controller? Are people like you serious?

• @Filet:

@SirPorkAndBeans:

Wow you’re retarded, try trolling another discussion.

I am retarded and trolling for saying that a mouse and keyboard is far far superior to a controller? Are people like you serious?

Yes you are, it is a matter of preference. Plenty of people dominate people like you with controllers.

• Closed, because you guys can’t get over the petty back and forth name calling.