Overhead does more… instant kills peraphs.

• Hello, If I am writting this thread it is to address an extremely annoying glitch or bug that occurs alot while playing, really ALOT.

It’s the phenomenon of the overheads…
    Some of you like me might of being victims of those, these bugs happens quite often and mainly with the Vanguards polearms, especially the Halberd.
    There is 2 main problem I’ve seen, instant overheads attacks and overhead decapitations.

Now let’s start with the instant, usually appearing after a block, these magic hits also appear randomly threw the course of battles. Today I was fighting a guy and the bastard had a 1h axe, he stepped towards me and then I died without even seeing the animation of the upper playing, this also happened 2 or 3 times last week and its only with the overhead swings that it does that. There is a serious problem with the speed of those swings, even while recuperating from missed blocks or other swings.

Now about the overhead decapitations, I do not know if it was intended that one could decapitate another with an overhead at impossible angles (While facing the other player for ex.), but it is a serious issue in my opinion, as people are getting instantly killed by an impossible swing.I once got decapitated by an overhead while jumping and facing the guy…

I sincerely hope there is a possibility to fix these issues and I thank you for your time.

• The fast overhead attack is sometimes contributed by “looking down overhead”, which speeds up the overhead attack on top of the increased windup speed after a successful parry. It should also be occurring when you are standing extremely close to an enemy (hugging). The closer you are to an enemy, the more quickly their attack will deal damage, since unlike at longer range the weapon doesn’t have to complete the full swing/thrust in order to make contact with your character.

Decapitation is purely a visual effect. Attacks to the head always deal extra damage, so whether or not you are decapitated does not matter. A swing to the head deals less damage than an overhead to the attack. As some classes, you do die in one-hit to the head from a powerful enough weapon.

• @GhoXen:

The fast overhead attack is sometimes contributed by “looking down overhead”, which speeds up the overhead attack on top of the increased windup speed after a successful parry. It should also be occurring when you are standing extremely close to an enemy (hugging). The closer you are to an enemy, the more quickly their attack will deal damage, since unlike at longer range the weapon doesn’t have to complete the full swing/thrust in order to make contact with your character.

Decapitation is purely a visual effect. Attacks to the head always deal extra damage, so whether or not you are decapitated does not matter. A swing to the head deals less damage than an overhead to the attack. As some classes, you do die in one-hit to the head from a powerful enough weapon.

As of the fast overhead, everything you said is already comonly known, and you completely missed the part about decapitations, it is not “visual”, it is a feature, you actually have to aim somewhere to pull it off and a frontal overhead is not supposed to do it.

• I have noticed that some overhead pole arm attacks feel like they’ve missed you, hitting slightly to the left or right according to the animation, but they still hit you.

• If the bug happens often, then it’s surprising that I have never encountered any “instant overheads” that I cannot explain. Perhaps it is the result of poor latency.

Decapitation is a visual effect, because an attack that decapitates deals no more damage than an attack that does not. Whether or not you were decapitated would not have changed your fate.

@MrRedshark:

I have noticed that some overhead pole arm attacks feel like they’ve missed you, hitting slightly to the left or right according to the animation, but they still hit you.

That is due to latency.

• To clarify, decapitations are not instant kills. Decapitations happen when a weapon capable of decapitating (I.E. a sharp edged weapon) scores a kill blow to the head. It’s purely a visual thing.

Head shots however do deal more damage than body hits, 25% more for melee and 50% more for projectiles.

• @SlyGoat:

To clarify, decapitations are not instant kills. Decapitations happen when a weapon capable of decapitating (I.E. a sharp edged weapon) scores a kill blow to the head. It’s purely a visual thing.

Head shots however do deal more damage than body hits, 25% more for melee and 50% more for projectiles.

So just to clarify hit on legs does 25% less damage for melee and projectiles?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@SlyGoat:

To clarify, decapitations are not instant kills. Decapitations happen when a weapon capable of decapitating (I.E. a sharp edged weapon) scores a kill blow to the head. It’s purely a visual thing.

So just to clarify hit on legs does 25% less damage for melee and projectiles?

leg hits do 20% less for melee and 40% less for projectiles.

• I came across this alot lately. Halberd/bardiche users doing these insane overheads. But i also met halberd users doing a sort of “delay” overhead. I was playing as a Man-at-arms and on my screen the halberd hit the floor and i heard a metal sound so i dodged towards him but somehow i did die of the overhead. So i in the chat i said “what the hell, u hit the floor and i still died?” he replied with “no, i delayed my attack never hit the floor at all”. I don’t want to complain but it seems a little OP or Buggy atleast these halberds.

• @Triwal:

I came across this alot lately. Halberd/bardiche users doing these insane overheads. But i also met halberd users doing a sort of “delay” overhead. I was playing as a Man-at-arms and on my screen the halberd hit the floor and i heard a metal sound so i dodged towards him but somehow i did die of the overhead. So i in the chat i said “what the hell, u hit the floor and i still died?” he replied with “no, i delayed my attack never hit the floor at all”. I don’t want to complain but it seems a little OP or Buggy atleast these halberds.

That is lag. Same thing happens when someone pulls of a long thrust that should be out of range, but you run into the thrust while the sword is withdrawing on your screen (and therefore shouldn’t deal damage). On the other player’s screen the thrust must still be in place.