My Left Control key does not work in Chivalry.

• As in the Subject it does not work in this specific game. I’ve tested it in 4 different games, CS:GO, Starcraft 2, Dota 2, and Killing Floor, they all work just fine. I have tested 2 different keyboards, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 and Logitech K120 Keyboards and neither of them seem to work. If anyone could please help it would be appreciated!

• Try deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. This will reset all video settings and custom keybinds.

• Thank you for the reply. I just tried it twice and it did not work either times, I also tried it with both keyboards and neither worked.

• I don’t have a fancy keyboard like that to test with… what if you tried to remap the crouch key to your keyboards’ left control (maybe it interprets the keycode differently?).

• The thing is it doesn’t work on my Logitech K120 either, which is a 15$ keyboard. It’s as standard as you can get. :(

• Do you have fancy keyboard drivers installed from the Razer?

• Nope, I uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0. I don’t like the program at all.

• The keyboard works fine on all my other games except Chivalry. I think the Left Control key did work though when I first started playing, then I think when I tried to use it again it just randomly stopped working.

• @Tyrantace:

The keyboard works fine on all my other games except Chivalry. I think the Left Control key did work though when I first started playing, then I think when I tried to use it again it just randomly stopped working.

That’s just bizarre. I’m out of answers. I’ll let a dev know that you require some assistance, but please keep in mind that it is the holidays so their response will be delayed.

Edit:
    How are you testing it by the way? Trying to crouch in a multiplayer game?

• Alright, thank you. It’s no problem I can still play Chivalry just can’t use the Control Key for crouch, I’ll just rebind it until I can find a fix for it. Happy Holidays and Thank you for your time!

• @ReMixx:

@Tyrantace:

Edit:

First I tried to just join a game and Crouch. Then I tried to rebind Crouch to Left Alt and then rebind it again to Left Control and when it says “Press a key to bind” when I click Left Control nothing happens at all.

• @Tyrantace:

@ReMixx:

@Tyrantace:

Edit:

First I tried to just join a game and Crouch. Then I tried to rebind Crouch to Left Alt and then rebind it again to Left Control and when it says “Press a key to bind” when I click Left Control nothing happens at all.

So with deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games resetting the keybinds, left control still doesn’t work at the default keybind?

• @ReMixx:

Edit:

So with deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games resetting the keybinds, left control still doesn’t work at the default keybind?

Yes I deleted the folder then started up the game. I then went into “Create a Game” vs Bots and tried to crouch, that did not work. Then I went into Configuration and rebound the Crouch key to “Left Alt” and then tried to put it back to “Left Control” and nothing happens, it just says “Press key to bind” and I press Left Control but its just unresponsive.

• It’s fixed, I found the problem! I use Xfire to communicate with friends and it seems that Xfire in-game is causing the problem. I closed out Xfire and they key seems to work. Who would have thought.
    I’m assuming there are some compatibility issues with Xfire in-game or Xfire in general and Chivalry.

• @Tyrantace:

It’s fixed, I found the problem! I use Xfire to communicate with friends and it seems that Xfire in-game is causing the problem. I closed out Xfire and they key seems to work. Who would have thought.
    I’m assuming there are some compatibility issues with Xfire in-game or Xfire in general and Chivalry.

First time that I’ve heard about it. Granted, no one 'round here uses Xfire :P

Glad that it’s fixed! Now you can crouch like the rest of us! 8-)