Mounted combat

• We need mounted combat. Horses should be mountable by any player, and should be available in certain spots at stables and such. Horses should be killable and anyone falling off a horse should take damage. Horses should crush opponents that they are ridden over. Horses should automatically throw their riders upon death, but people should also be able to be stabbed from live horses with spears. And we should be able to pull people from horses if we push I while facing the horse.

• Sir Jake, run. Run as fast and as far away as you can. You’re about to be slaughtered for saying that.

• Why?

• BECAUSE THAT IS THE #1 THING NOT TO ASK ANY MORE!

We had like a TRAZILLION THREADS about this!
    USE!
    THE!
    SEARCH!
    FUNCTION!**

pretty please…

• So I assume they’re putting it in the game then?

• If you want mounted combat, do your part and help the modding community get it into Chivalry. Mounted combat is “doable” in the UDK, but i heard its an extreme pain in the ass to get it like Mount and Blade mounted combat mechanics. Hell i don’t even think there is a professional UDK game that supports mounted combat…

Throws clenched fist out to the crowd Join the modder revolution! Do your part and help code the impossible! Construct the unthinkable! Become legends of Chivalry!

• Mounted combat would be nice to have, but you need to think somewhat realistically.
    Torn Banner are a small company. This is their first real game and they aren’t swimming in funds and manpower to code in whatever they want. And adding something as complex as mounted combat would take a massive effort to both implement and balance.
    On top of that, most maps aren’t made for mounted combat. They’re all pretty closed and designed for close-quarters combat, where horses would just make everything a massive clusterfuck.

• @David:

…This is their first real game and they aren’t swimming in funds and manpower to code in whatever they want…

You might think about that again… ;)

• @Sir:

So I assume they’re putting it in the game then?

That one finished me off xD

• Why bother with a horse its easier to ride a Man at arms hehe. stout little chaps very strong and quite fast runners. :)

• @Sir:

….but people should also be able to be stabbed from live horses with spears…

Pardon good ser jake! But do you mean to suggest horses should use spears to fight the enemy?? such idea is insane!

• @User:

@Sir:

….but people should also be able to be stabbed from live horses with spears…

Pardon good ser jake! But do you mean to suggest horses should use spears to fight the enemy?? such idea is insane!

:h1:

I tried to warn you Sir Jake… I tried… :(