New tools for admins?

• Hello there,

having currently deployed a server (linux+wine), there is need for more admin tools. Are you going to give remote access to the server with the ability to change maps on the fly, kick players, have reserved slots for clan members? Are you going to give a native linux server?
    At the moment as an admin I cannot play (and also my friends or clan members) in my server when it’s full unless I restart it. Are you going to provide solution to issues like these?

• +1

• @newlynx:

the ability to change maps on the fly,

adminchangemap xxxxxxx

@newlynx:

kick players,

Adminkick xxxxxxxx

@newlynx:

have reserved slots for clan members?

Eventually

@newlynx:

Are you going to give a native linux server?

Linux lol. Free operating systems are quite the priority.

@newlynx:

At the moment as an admin I cannot play (and also my friends or clan members) in my server when it’s full unless I restart it. Are you going to provide solution to issues like these?

Yea, put a password on it. Simple.

• @JHoersten2:

adminchangemap xxxxxxx

Adminkick xxxxxxxx

I know the commands but we need something more elegant.

@JHoersten2:

Yea, put a password on it. Simple.

I want to play with other people too not only my friends or clan members.

• @newlynx:

@JHoersten2:

adminchangemap xxxxxxx

Adminkick xxxxxxxx

I know the commands but we need something more elegant.

Such as?

You can also open the scoreboard and hit the default ‘b’ key to bring up the mouse. Then you can click someone’s name and adminkick/mute, etc.

• @ReMixx:

Such as?

You can also open the scoreboard and hit the default ‘b’ key to bring up the mouse. Then you can click someone’s name and adminkick/mute, etc.

I found this option yesterday when I finally connected to my server. Thanks for the info.

But it would be nice to be able to kick this way the spectators that take server slots. Is there a way to do this? Can I limit or disable spectators?

• Not sure. In PCServer-UDKGame.ini, you can find:

MaxSpectators=0

This is what I have mine set to, but I’m still allowed to spectate. Perhaps in this case, 0=unlimited. Try setting it to 1 and have multiple players attempt to spectate.

• @newlynx:

@ReMixx:

Such as?

I found this option yesterday when I finally connected to my server. Thanks for the info.

But it would be nice to be able to kick this way the spectators that take server slots. Is there a way to do this? Can I limit or disable spectators?

Are there actually spectators or is the sever reporting false players. (Following being kicked.)

• @Dirtius:

Are there actually spectators or is the sever reporting false players. (Following being kicked.)

I am not sure about that. I 'll have to check… In Steam server info I can see players that are not in my server when I login. Is this a bug?

• Yeah it’s a bug. The Steam server browser and game monitoring websites will report false players that have been kicked from the server. They will stay until the server is reset sometimes I think. The in game browser should report the correct number of players, however.