Problem with dedicated server tool.

• Hi, im trying to make my own server, but it isn’t works. I downloaded the Dedicated server from steam and i run it with this parameters “UDK.exe MAP_NAME?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver”.

I have open the ports 7777, 7778 and 27015 but my mates can’t connect to my server using the command “open myip”

Any advice?

• Off the top of my head:
    Make sure you are not behind a firewall, (Windows, or any other form.) If so you’ll have to make exceptions for Chivalry. Some internet providers blocks ports in a certain range, a decent way to test if the port is open is http://www.canyouseeme.org/ If the port comes back closed you might have to make the server use a port that your I.P. isn’t blocking. (Assuming it is.)

• A virtual machine is to the host nothing more than a single file. It is backed up as a single file and very likely (depending on how good your host is) already exists on a mirror server, so if the machine your virtual machine is on dies, then the mirror comes straight in, you might lose about a minute of up time. You still get root level access as you would with a dedicated server.My friend recently bought it from DEDICATED servers.

• @sadakun:

I have open the ports 7777, 7778 and 27015 but my mates can’t connect to my server using the command “open myip”

Any advice?

Just for sanity’s sake, they do “open myip:port” correct? It would probably be port 7777 in your case.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.