Changing DirectX?

• Hey everyone, I noticed that Chivalry Medieval Warfare is running in DirectX 9 but I want it to be running in DirectX 11 (which my graphics card is best for). How can I change it to DirectX 11? I didn’t notice any options in the config files or in-game. Please help! Thanks!

• Just because your GPU supports DX11, doesn’t mean the game does. Although I hear it does, but at this point it’s very experimental and not worth changing to.

• The problem is the game doesn’t run well at all on DX9 with my graphics card. I had the same problem with games like Far Cry 3 and Civilization 5, where they just run poorly in DX9 and only run well in DX11. If I can’t change it to DX11, is there any way I can make it run better on DX9?

• @natei:

The problem is the game doesn’t run well at all on DX9 with my graphics card. I had the same problem with games like Far Cry 3 and Civilization 5, where they just run poorly in DX9 and only run well in DX11. If I can’t change it to DX11, is there any way I can make it run better on DX9?

That’s a very odd occurrence, and that’s generally not how it works, as it’s usually reversed. Not saying you’re lying or anything, just never heard of such a thing happening. What’re your specs? Not really much else you can do, if you haven’t already tried lowering video settings to a minimum.

• Well, I’m not too good with computers, but I noticed that Far Cry 3 was freezing and getting choppy at points with DX9 and then it stopped when I ran it on DX11. I used a nvidia card before but I put down some holiday money for a new graphics card. I don’t know how exactly to put my specs down but here’s my best shot:

I’m on a ACPI x64-based PC, AMD Athlon™ x2 250 Processor 3.000 GHz, ASUS EAH6670 series graphics card

• Hard to just throw out possible reasons, but your CPU is on the lacking side, and Chivalry is a very CPU intensive game. Go in a game in Chivalry, open the console with ~ and type “stat unit” and tell me which number goes the highest(in red). If Game is the highest, then it’s your CPU that’s holding you back.

• They are all green except for brief freezes where they all turn red. The freezes are preceded by either loading/spawning/turning quickly.