Another Black Screen on Startup thread.

• Really? I see a lot of people having this problem since the game was released and it wasn’t fixed yet.

Well, i just bought Chivalry: Medial Warfare and i can’t play it!! When i run the game the splash comes and then a window comes up but it’s all black and soon stops responding.

My specs are all above minimum:

CPU: Intel Pentium(D) Dual Core 2.6GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    GPU: Nvidia GT430 1024mb

My Launch.log is attached.

Thanks for your time and i hope i and those with the same problem face a solution very soon.

• Run the vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv.

Run the DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown.

Attach your DxDialog.txt in a reply here.

• Apparently i fixed this problem by adding -nomovie to the startup parameters, but i still can’t join any servers, nor create my own or even training.

The game just freezes and a music starts playing forever :(

I have no idea where is this DxDialog.txt though.

Maybe you could help both me and Sparda687, i’m pretty sure we have the same problem.
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7809

Thank you for your attention.

• To get DxDiag.txt, click on the start menu, type in dxdiag into the search field, open the dxdiag.exe app, let it finish loading, then click Save All Information.

• Thanks for the help.

DxDiag.txt is attached.

• bump

• Hi there,

1. Have you made sure all your graphics drivers are up to date? It says the last date was in October, but check to make sure there wasn’t a new update since then. Then try playing. If not,

2. Right click on Chiv in your games list, hit properties -> local files > verify game cache. Try again and if not,

3. Go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini and delete
      Suppress=DevNet
      Suppress=DevOnline
      Then try again.

Then see if you can join any of the servers in this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082