Additional Gametypes in the UDKGame.ini

• Found this little gem in the UDKGame.ini… time to speculate boys and girls!

DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCFFA",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCFFA",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCTUT",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCTUT",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCLTS",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCLTS",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOC",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCEntry",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCKOTH",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCKOTH",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCTO",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCTeamObjective",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCSURV",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCSurvival",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCCTL",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCCTL",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCMOV",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCTrailerGame",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCTD",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCTD",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="AOCCTF",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="AOC.AOCCTF",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)

• CTL= Capture The Leader ?
    TUT= Tutorial
    Survival=Barrel(or peasant, or zombies) invasion ? :)

• @Karam:

CTL= Capture The Leader ?
    TUT= Tutorial
    Survival=Barrel(or peasant, or zombies) invasion ? :)

I somehow very much like the idea of surviving a peasant revolt. :P

• CTL is Capture the Loot. Not sure if that was scrapped and replaced with Capture the Banner or if it’ll be a different thing.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of a survival mode in the works. TBS is pretty good at listening to community feedback, and there has obviously been a lot of mention of a peasant revolt/plague/magical barrels controlled by wizards survival mode.

• @SlyGoat:

CTL is Capture the Loot. Not sure if that was scrapped and replaced with Capture the Banner or if it’ll be a different thing.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of a survival mode in the works. TBS is pretty good at listening to community feedback, and there has obviously been a lot of mention of a peasant revolt/plague/magical barrels controlled by wizards survival mode.

LOL WTF

Anyway, that would extremely fun.

When is the next big update expected?

• @SlyGoat:

CTL is Capture the Loot. Not sure if that was scrapped and replaced with Capture the Banner or if it’ll be a different thing.

There’s already a CTF mode though. I would think it means Capture the [Sir] Loin.

• Capture the Loot was a scrapped mode for Ruin.

• AOCSURV existed in 2010 when we were testing bots (and had no LTS mode). We had waves of bots run at us from either end of Arena and the number of bots got higher per wave. I distinctly remember getting the highest score, eat it Tibbs ;)

AOCMOV is for movie related maps.

• @Andrew:

Capture the Loot was a scrapped mode for Ruin.

I was so excited to capture the loot :(

• If they make a survival mode I really hope it will fit the game.
    I hope the developers won’t jump on the “Zombies for CoD idiots , Lolzz !” idea , I hope for some sort of Arena survival ( Lions and other beasts ) , the revolt of peasants sounds good as long as it makes sense ( Town people rage against the Order who captured an Agathian city anyone ? )

• @iZsoul:

( Town people rage against the Order who captured an Agathian city anyone ? )

Why would they do that? The Mason Order is a lower class revolt that wants to overthrow the old nobility. They are pretty ruthless and dont mind slaughtering the weak peasants that get in their way - but if the peasants get it together and take up arms they might very well join the order instead of fighting it.

What you could have is maybe some sort of event set before the arrival of the main Agathian army where the Mason Order is starting to get a foothold in Agatha and the peasants rise up in their favor to fight the local Agathian lord.