Constant Grey Screen

• Hello,
    today when I started the game the main menu was only a grey background with the different buttons for the menu. I know it used to actually be a render of a plain with trees and water…now it’s just a grey background.

When I connect to a server my vision is blocked by the same grey filter, I can barely see anything standing in front of me. I tried to reset the graphic option and I restart the game more than once, but each time the grey background is still there.

I tried to verify the cache with steam, but it found no problem at all.

The game was fine yesterday until it caused my computer to completely shutdown by itself. That was the last time I played without the grey filter bug. It wasn’t the first time my computer shutdown by itself when playing this game and it was always when connecting to a new server. My theory is that whatever the game did to cause my pc to crash is also responsible for the grey vision problem.

I tried to print screen my game, but somehow it print a completely black screen.

• ~~Hi. I’m back.
    I don’t know about the weird pc shutdown, but I fixed the problem.
    It seems that my UDKSystemSettings was corrupted or something went wrong with the file and a line was modified that made everything grey to the point of not being able to see anything.

I fixed my problem by replacing my UDKSystemSettings by the one of someone who did not have this problem. Main menu background render naturally. Seems pretty much fixed. I didn’t compared the two files together to see what was the bad line, I will do it if it happen again.~~
    Bloom settings to OFF seems to cause this issue….umm…I don’t why my game switched it off in the first place. Anyways.

• @kraig:

Bloom settings to OFF seems to cause this issue….umm…I don’t why my game switched it off in the first place. Anyways.

Yes, I turned mine off today and wow I got that same issue. Thankfully just turning it back on fixed it right away.

Glad it’s working for you now. You might have accidentally change it, no biggy :)