Imba STAB Vanguards?

• Simple, vanguards that just keep distance and STABSTABSTAB with their poleaxe (ign escapes me)

Anyone know a good way to deal with them when your not MAA?

You cant get close cuz of knockback after block and you will run out of stam before they do…

You cant counter attack after block because if you trade HP they will simply win (and no you cant flinch them cuz only dagger stab is fast enough to cancel their STAB prep timing, but you will never get close anyways)

You cannot get in after they miss their attack unless you too have a polearm and is STABBING them (they recover too quickly)

You cant block it if your too close 50% of the time cuz of hit boxes. So you cant simply just try to turn around and suprise them.

I have come across SOOOOO many of these players (they suck at everything else) and there seems to be no way to deal with them when your not MMA and doge in them after block…

Anyone know any ways or is it just meant to be impossible to 1v1 such vanguards?

• Fake moving forward at the edge of their reach, and then back up to let them miss their first stab. Immediately sprint forward - their recovery should give you enough time to close some of the distance. After that, just keep sprinting and parrying. Don’t release sprint. It costs no stamina to sprint, it’ll let you counteract the knockback if you keep it up. After you’re in range, stay in range at all costs.

• @Linniz:

Simple, vanguards that just keep distance and STABSTABSTAB with their poleaxe (ign escapes me)

Anyone know a good way to deal with them when your not MAA?

You cant get close cuz of knockback after block and you will run out of stam before they do…

You cant counter attack after block because if you trade HP they will simply win (and no you cant flinch them cuz only dagger stab is fast enough to cancel their STAB prep timing, but you will never get close anyways)

You cannot get in after they miss their attack unless you too have a polearm and is STABBING them (they recover too quickly)

You cant block it if your too close 50% of the time cuz of hit boxes. So you cant simply just try to turn around and suprise them.

I have come across SOOOOO many of these players (they suck at everything else) and there seems to be no way to deal with them when your not MMA and doge in them after block…

Anyone know any ways or is it just meant to be impossible to 1v1 such vanguards?

These two are wrong:

V knockback is not much different from other classes’. You must be thinking about Sprint-Attack knockback, which is much stronger than their regular ones.

“You cant counter attack after block because if you trade HP they will simply win (and no you cant flinch them cuz only dagger stab is fast enough to cancel their STAB prep timing, but you will never get close anyways”

This really makes very little sense. You can’t counter-attack after your/his block? If you trade HP, who was blocking? You cannot flinch V, unless with a dagger? You can never get close to V anyways?

Vanguard is considered one of weaker classes in high-level 1v1 because they cannot equip a shield, and most of their primary weapons are slow.

• @SlyGoat:

Fake moving forward at the edge of their reach, and then back up to let them miss their first stab. Immediately sprint forward - their recovery should give you enough time to close some of the distance. After that, just keep sprinting and parrying. Don’t release sprint. It costs no stamina to sprint, it’ll let you counteract the knockback if you keep it up. After you’re in range, stay in range at all costs.

What weapon do you use with it then?
    I am using the norse sword (one of the fastest weps or knights with decent range) and I always trade blows doing exactly what you say to do, being a 3-4 hit kill wep, I will always die first.

if I try to close the gap by keep on moving forward, he just moves backwards after hitting me, then turning around corners (where I get hit since he can stab my little sides showing sometimes)

I meant when they KEEP their distance…

@arch2
    I am talking about poleaxe vanguards keeping their distance Stabbing you, and you cannot get close (I tried for almost 30min doing it in different ways)

Sorry if you cant understand the post, and think I get confused between sprint attack and stab attack… when I CAPITALIZED “STAB”

• @Linniz:

@arch2
    I am talking about poleaxe vanguards keeping their distance Stabbing you, and you cannot get close (I tried for almost 30min doing it in different ways)

Sorry if you cant understand the post, and think I get confused between sprint attack and stab attack… when I CAPITALIZED “STAB”

Pole-arm (not -axe, a Poleaxe is a unique Knight weapon) vanguards cannot keep their distance stabbing you when you block their stabs. If this were the case, the game would be completely unbalanced, and every 1v1 player would be using a vanguard. As it happens, vanguards are the least used class in high-level 1v1 duels.

EDIT: Btw, the stabbing of polearms may seem to be a bit imba because the stabbing animation of those weapons is somewhat subtle. This is the reason why vanguards stabs are so successful overall - but they don’t fool an experienced player…

• @acrh2:

vanguards cannot keep their distance stabbing you when you block their stabs. If this were the case, the game would be completely unbalanced, and every 1v1 player would be using a vanguard.

No, They can keep their distance, everyday I play I see more and more of these players, almost every rank 35+ is just using that polearm and using only that one attack.

The knock back when you block it is about the same as when you block an 2handed mace, you actually take a step backwards and cannot do anything for ~0.3 seconds, plus, they bounce back too, so you cannot gain distance on them.

It is essentially a spear, but with decent knockback if they block…

• @Linniz:

@acrh2:

vanguards cannot keep their distance stabbing you when you block their stabs. If this were the case, the game would be completely unbalanced, and every 1v1 player would be using a vanguard.

No, They can keep their distance, everyday I play I see more and more of these players, almost every rank 35+ is just using that polearm and using only that one attack.

The knock back when you block it is about the same as when you block an 2handed mace, you actually take a step backwards and cannot do anything for ~0.3 seconds, plus, they bounce back too, so you cannot gain distance on them.

It is essentially a spear, but with decent knockback if they block…

Please refrain from simply using “No” in your next argument.
    And then, please don’t say something that is evidently false -

The knock back when you block it is about the same as when you block an 2handed mace, you actually take a step backwards and cannot do anything for ~0.3 seconds

• @acrh2:

@Linniz:

The knock back when you block it is about the same as when you block an 2handed mace, you actually take a step backwards and cannot do anything for ~0.3 seconds

Why don’t you go to the game right now, and block an stab from the halberd.

=_= ?

• @Linniz:

@acrh2:

@Linniz:

Why don’t you go to the game right now, and block an stab from the halberd.

=_= ?

I am rank 34 with over 200 hours…
    http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2424/36908137.jpg
    You?

• @acrh2:

You?

Congrats

• @Matti:

@acrh2:

You?

Congrats

He’s saying he doesn’t need to go into the game right now and try it because he’s blocked hundreds if not thousands of halberd stabs already.

Glad I could be of assistance, I will come around if further translation is needed.