JUMPING KNIGHTS

• Is being exploited as well, make knight jumping eat more stamina. They can jump poke, to the point its not fun, but cheesy.

A Knight can jump and it only takes away like 0.10 of it stamina, like a fart… Thats bullshit, it should take like a third of the the knights stamina to jump one time. Since hes wearing heavy armor and all.

• Seems like an idea worthy of investigation.

• Medieval plate armour didn’t wear as much as movies would have you believe. In fact, they weighed much less than the weight modern soldiers carry around on their backs.
    Knights trained often in them. Running, fighting, jumping, etc. When they weren’t in war they were fighting in tournaments and games. They were absolute athletes and professionals, and dedicated their entire lives to martial pursuits. I’m sure they would have been able to hop around just fine.

You’re suggesting that after 3 jumps they should be exhausted and completely drained of stamina. Plate armour could weigh under 60 pounds and was distributed over your whole body. If you search youtube, I’m sure you could find some videos of French Foreign Legion legionnaires doing starjumps with 100 pounds on their backs.

• I’d agree partly that there should be a stamina difference to jumping for each classes.

• A cooldown was already added between jumps so you can’t repeatedly hop as much. If any class gets a huge benefit from abusing jump, it’s archers.

• As pointed out earlier, medieval plate armours aren’t that heavy (low volume), just like how giant swords (looks big, but very thin blade, thus little volume) are lighter than some assault rifles this day. Decorative weapon and armrour sets on the other hand can be very heavy, but those aren’t made for combat.

• You guys are making it sound like the MaA should be the heaviest class in the game @_@

Armor clad knight shouldn’t be able to jump high. Stamina drain is smeh for me. There is very little air control in this game. Jumping isn’t an issue for me. Beside, most people are spamming Lmb and aren’t aiming for feet.

• Jumping around with 20-25kg on you isn’t hard, especially if you’ve trained with such weight.

• @GhoXen:

Jumping around with 20-25kg on you isn’t hard, especially if you’ve trained with such weight.

Still, having 20-25kg less should be an advantage regardless of training or anything, would be cool to see some class difference between fall damage, jumping cooldown or stamina drainage.

As for archers, they should not be able to jump during pulling the string on the bow. :S

• Higher fall damage for heavier armor I could definitely get behind.

• @SlyGoat:

Higher fall damage for heavier armor I could definitely get behind.

I would be behind it too if it was coupled with being able to fall on people to damage them and negate your fall damage.

• If anything should drain stamina more, it should be LMB helicoptering…

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

I would be behind it too if it was coupled with being able to fall on people to damage them and negate your fall damage.

Also, differentiation between dropping off a ledge and being forced off. Less damage than you take currently for walking off on your own, more damage for being knocked/kicked off.

• @SlyGoat:

@ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

Also, differentiation between dropping off a ledge and being forced off. Less damage than you take currently for walking off on your own, more damage for being knocked/kicked off.

Nice idea, Slygoat!

• @SlyGoat:

@ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

You know while we are at it let’s make it so you can trample people while running if you are wearing heavy armor and are immune to light 1handers.

Is there no love for the lite classes?

• @tlbww:

You know while we are at it let’s make it so you can trample people while running if you are wearing heavy armor and are immune to light 1handers.

Good idea! <3 Trampling!!!

• Also knights should have their stamina drain a bit when sprinting.
    I really don’t suffer from any of the ‘‘slowness downsides’’ of the knight.

• @tlbww:

Why would higher fall damage for heavier armor be bad for light classes? :?

Being able to transfer your fall damage to people you land on would favor heavy classes, but that’s the tradeoff for heavier classes taking more fall damage in other cases, particularly when kicked off a ledge.

• @SlyGoat:

@tlbww:

Why would higher fall damage for heavier armor be bad for light classes? :?

Being able to transfer your fall damage to people you land on would favor heavy classes, but that’s the tradeoff for heavier classes taking more fall damage in other cases, particularly when kicked off a ledge.

I don’t know, if I were to be pushed off a ledge to fall a relatively short distance, I’d prefer the protection offered by armour. Unless you were falling a significant distance (high enough that you would break a leg with or without armour) then plate armour would just protect you from hard impact to the head, knees, elbows, wrists etc. They were made for protecting you from heavy blows, why would falling 5 feet be a problem?

Here’s a very short video regarding armour I recommend everyone watches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuNXWFPewg