Bows/Melee/Friendly fire

• -Something should be changed for bows. It is stupid hard to hit anything with the bow, even inside 10 yards, and then to hit it again is silly. As weak as you are in melee when the gap is closed (and it is closed very quickly) there should be more of a perk to using the archer (as it stands, the only perk to being an archer is you don’t get butchered by your own team mates looking for kills, not caring what team they are on)

-Taking full damage by the back end of someones swing when you are standing behind them is dumb.

-Give the two handed weapons to the Man at arms

-Vanguards and knights should physically turn slower (mouse is forced to a lower sensitivty, more for the knight, less for vanguard, none for man at arms or archer)

-Having a shield should greatly increase stamina cost of all other abilities so there is a trade off to carrying a shield

-Weapon speeds between the 1h and 2h aren’t great enough to justify the differences in reach, and honestly, the closer the 1h weapons are, the more damage they should do from a physics standpoint and practical standpoint; if I’m in close with a dagger, and you’re hugging distance with a big axe, who’s gonna win? Even if you’re in full plate, I stick the dagger into your eye-hole

-OPTION TO FORCE FRIENDLY FIRE OFF

• Bows

Archers aren’t made to one-shot knights in full metal armor. Regarding close range archery, that is the weakness. Why would anyone play anything but archer if they could hit every single target regardless of the range with ease and massive amounts of damage? The better you are at archer, the more of a gap between you and the melee classes you can create with your mastery of long range archery. It was made to be hard, because it is hard in reality. The perk to being an archer is an immense amount of range and skill cap. The game would not be fun at all if archers were everywhere one-shotting every class. In medieval times, one arrow wouldn’t take down a champion fighter, why should it now?

Back end

Swing a sword. You will cut whatever is behind you. You are wielding a weapon, not some toy that only works when it is in front of you.

Two Handers to Man At Arms

Why? Knight and Vanguard would be outshone by Man At Arms’ arsenal and speed. When you buff one class, it outshines the other classes. Now, with what you want, Man At Arms is extremely fast, has the option to use a shield, can dodge-jump, has a ranged arsenal, and now has the most damaging weapons in the game. Why would I play Vanguard or Knight anymore?

Vanguard and Knights turn slower

Again, why? Mouse sensitivity is extremely different on brands of mice. If I have a very slow mouse and I choose Knight, will it be impossible for me to move? From a realistic standpoint, armor wouldn’t slow your turn speed in reality. It would only make you travel slower; which it already does. Again with what you want, Man At Arms now insanely outshines Knight and Vanguard in every aspect.

Shield Stamina

Raising your shield costs constant stamina already. I’m assuming you want a person with a one handed weapon without a shield to have some kind of advantage to not carrying a shield with his one hander. This is, again, impractical. If you were in this situation where you were offered a shield as well as a sword, I’m sure everyone would love to have some sort of defense. There already is a trade off to carrying a shield and not carrying one. If you carry one, you do less damage because you have a one-hander, are slower, and stamina differences. If you do not carry one, you have the opportunity to carry a two handed weapon with more damage unless you are a class (like Man At Arms) that is practically designed to carry a light shield.

Weapon Speeds

Why not? One handers are designed to be worse than two handers because they are weaker and smaller. They are meant to be used as a secondary weapon when your main weapons won’t work, or with a shield. From a practical standpoint, a very heavy sharp axe being swung by a grown man would probably kill almost anyone. A sharp dagger being stabbed up close would hurt, but most likely would be tolerable. The whole eye-hole situation is silly as well, if you can stick the dagger in the most vital; small position, then the axe gets to clobber the dagger wielder in the neck. The stab to the eye might even be survivable with the right medical attention, but an axe slice would be some serious damage.

Force friendly fire off

This is a part of the game, the style of the game, and type of game play it enforces. Long reach, a lot of damage, what’s the downside? Smacking your team by accident. A group of people will always dominate a single person, but in combat it is more difficult because you obviously can accidentally hit an ally in reality. Now a lone warrior stands somewhat of a chance. Ever see those kung-fu movies where one guy takes out at least ten guys that are trying to clobber him with a bunch of metal poles? This is possible because they can only come one at a time due to accidental injury on their friendlies. Not only does it make the game more realistic and feel more medieval, but it also adds a whole new aspect of positioning.

• @Byrjun:

-Something should be changed for bows. It is stupid hard to hit anything with the bow, even inside 10 yards, and then to hit it again is silly. As weak as you are in melee when the gap is closed (and it is closed very quickly) there should be more of a perk to using the archer (as it stands, the only perk to being an archer is you don’t get butchered by your own team mates looking for kills, not caring what team they are on)

I know a lot of archers who disagree with that. It’s meant to take practice like real archery.

@Byrjun:

-Taking full damage by the back end of someones swing when you are standing behind them is dumb.

Most servers, including all of the Official ones have it currently at 50%.

@Byrjun:

-Give the two handed weapons to the Man at arms

They can’t have two handers weighing them down. They have speed and agility instead of strength. Besides, they can already 2-shot anything but the knight with their one handers.

@Byrjun:

-OPTION TO FORCE FRIENDLY FIRE OFF

Server operators can set it to 0% if they choose. Again, most are on 50%.