Shields on back.

• Hello.
    I’m playing Chivalry since release , and one of the things that bugged me are that when you attack someone who wields his shield on his back then your attack ignores the shield completely.
    Maybe it’s one of the “Realism for Gameplay” tricks but at least give it a feeling that you hit a shield and not air ( Maybe some sort of greater staggering ).

Thanks !

• I don’t know about melee but I am sure the shield on the back deflects arrows - at least I recall firing arrows at crossbowmen and the back shield deflected it.

• @gregcau:

I don’t know about melee but I am sure the shield on the back deflects arrows - at least I recall firing arrows at crossbowmen and the back shield deflected it.

That’s right , arrows are deflected by the shield on back , but melee…

• Even if you have a shield on your back.If some hits you in the back you’re bound to get knocked forward, perhaps even straight on your face. If you’re a knight in heavy armour you’re pretty much dead if you’re stuck on your belly. You try getting back up with your assailant over you preparing another hit on your skull.

I don’t have an issue with it at all myself, shields would be way too annoying if they created a invincible barrier on your back. Perhaps if they added knock-downs and they could then execute you afterwards.

• @Ulven:

…shields would be way too annoying if they created a invincible barrier on your back…

What he said. Would make turning tail and running much more prevalent in fights.