Massive Potential! General Recomendations on Sound & Gore

• The game is downright raw its real nice!!! Hell yeah! There is a lot of potential for TornBanner Studios. However i want to see more blood squirting more puddles, i want it to be a mess. I also like the sound but enhancements should be made.

Sound:
    The sound crew and vocals for this game are awesome, it reminds me of 1994 Heat with Robert Diniro, playing on my 1400 watt amp, They were truly the greatest of the most excellent sound crew in the world, and for this game to remind me of 1994 Heat’s sound quality show a lot of potential.
    We need more of the agony type of sounds, thats for sure. I keep hearing clunking and thudding, but not one person is screaming in agony.

Gore:
    Hand or Arm dismemberment, you should actually have to bend over and pick your sword up from your detached arm to continue fighting.
    Blood on camera lens first person and third person
    Walking bodies after decapitation
    Crawling while amputation of either leg shortly before dieing of blood loss.
    More squirting blood view of third and first person of slashed neck artery before dieing
    Intestines falling out of wound also known as “Eviseration” in the medical field.
    Skull stuck on sword from downward swing for short period of time 25% chance

If i think of more ill edit them in!
    And Also if you have suggestions let me have em.

• The sound in this game is indeed amazing.

Hand or Arm dismemberment, you should actually have to bend over and pick your sword up from your detached arm to continue fighting.

Why would you? You wouldn’t stay conscious for long. From a realistic point of view, you’re as good as dead if you get your arm hacked off in the middle of battle in the time period this game represents. From a gameplay point of view, dismemberment only happens as a death animation.

Blood on camera lens first person and third person

Only if you can toggle it. Most games that have blood on splattering on the screen look chessy as hell. Unless the character you are playing as is wearing a glass visor, it looks silly.

Walking bodies after decapitation

Cheesy. You already have the character’s arms reaching towards his neck.

Crawling while amputation of either leg shortly before dieing of blood loss.

You already have the character hopping two or three times on his remaining leg before dying.

More squirting blood view of third and first person of slashed neck artery before dieing

I think the current amount of blood squirting is perfect. Any more and it would be too Kill Bill and would ruin any sense of authenticity it has.

Intestines falling out of wound also known as “Eviseration” in the medical field

This would be cool.

Skull stuck on sword from downward swing for short period of time 25% chance

This would alter gameplay too much. It would only succeed in being annoying as hell. Why would you punish a player for connecting a successful hit and killing an enemy?

• @PedroFromHell:

The sound in this game is indeed amazing.

Why would you?…

Ok, If you want to talk about authenticity your speaking to the right person.
    The human heart is a powerful muscle; given the right circumstances, it has the capacity to squirt blood up to 30 feet.
    Blood on camera lens, i like your idea of toggle.
    Arm dismemberment is medically a brachial sever. hypovolemic shock really sets in fast and your body does everything to keep you alive. You’ll lose consciousness pretty quickly.
    Studies of small mammals have found up to 29 seconds of walking before falling. Studies have not yet been done on humans. But still they should make it a little more gory and add something like this in. It would be great for publicity too.

• I mean if you think about it, this game has the potential to revolutionize the Rating M for mature.

• I’d like to see more death animations sure, but a lot of what you’re suggesting affects gameplay, which is clearly not desirable. The dev team clearly stated “Whenever there was a choice between how it plays and how it looks, gameplay came first.” or something to that effect.

As a basic idea, I’d just to see the arm come off at the elbow rather than the shoulder. If that’s already possible, I’ve never seen it happen. Something you’d like but won’t be put in because it affects gameplay would be killing someone with a stab and kicking their impaled corpse off your weapon/ripping it out sideways depending on weapon. The added time to get their body off your weapon would impact your ability to deal with any other enemies, but I suppose it could be put in as a “finisher taunt” type of thing, hold a simple modifier to activate the killing blow animations.

• @Daiyuki:

I’d like to see more death animations sure, but a lot of what you’re suggesting affects gameplay, which is clearly not desirable. The dev team clearly stated “Whenever there was a choice between how it plays and how it looks, gameplay came first.” or something to that effect.

As a basic idea, I’d just to see the arm come off at the elbow rather than the shoulder. If that’s already possible, I’ve never seen it happen. Something you’d like but won’t be put in because it affects gameplay would be killing someone with a stab and kicking their impaled corpse off your weapon/ripping it out sideways depending on weapon. The added time to get their body off your weapon would impact your ability to deal with any other enemies, but I suppose it could be put in as a “finisher taunt” type of thing, hold a simple modifier to activate the killing blow animations.

Yeah i understand how not to interfere with game play. Yeah i like the sound of different amputation points, like shoulder, arm etc, cant go wrong there. And i would definitely like to see more death animations your right.

Oh shit that is a bad ass finisher taunt idea bro! Thats nasty! Kicking impaled body off of sword.

• P.S. you did the poll wrong. I voted for both at the same time :P