Fire Arrows

• From what I can understand, Torn Banner hasn’t added fire arrows for the purpose of combat balance, but I have an idea that could possibly regulate the use of them and make it so a player wouldn’t be able to spam them. Seeing as the torch pits and ammo boxes are already on a global CD (team wide), why not just make the arrow braziers have a global CD too?

Ex. Johnny has an arrow and lights it in the nearest brazier. Freddy won’t be able to light his arrow at the brazier Johnny used until the global cooldown duration is finished (just like the torch pits or ammo boxes)

With the unlit arrow you could shoot it normally and it would have the same damage as a Bodkin. If you shot a lit arrow it would do a little bit less initial damage (maybe 8 or so) plus the dps of a Fire Pot (which I think is 7 dps for 4 seconds) meaning the fire arrow would still do more damage lit than it would unlit, but not so much that it’s OP.

Ex. of the Fire Arrows being used on a Longbow
    Longbow hits to the chest of a Vanguard with Bodkin arrows currently do 60 damage.
    That means an unlit Fire Arrow to the chest of a Vanguard would do 60 damage also.
    If the arrow were lit it would initially do 52 damage then burn the target for 28 damage over 4 seconds, meaning the Vanguard would suffer 80 damage total.

Using this method we that a…
    *Fire arrow isn’t spammable
    *It isn’t OP
    *It doesn’t 1 shot
    *And it’s fun to use! :D

Thanks for reading :)

• People will complain.

Man, people are the worst.

• @ReMixx:

People will complain.

Man, people are the worst.

God…I hate people >.>

• Bots actually have them. :D

• It will probably be introduced simply as an arrow type in the inventory screen, that deals less damage than other arrows, but leaves a DoT behind.

• @GhoXen:

It will probably be introduced simply as an arrow type in the inventory screen, that deals less damage than other arrows, but leaves a DoT behind.

This is how it was before they were removed. I believe braziers are being added to maps instead, but don’t take that as anything confirmed.