Knight Secondary Blades

• Hello all, I started playing for the first time a few days ago and I’m very much enjoying myself. I’ve been a bit curious about the community’s general thoughts on the knight’s short blades. I see people get absolutely destroyed by them (especially when a pro uses them) with very little effort, as though they were heavy blunted weapons. Much of the time, with the falchion or nordic sword, I can two-shot an unscathed knight or one-shot only slightly injured opponents. One thing I noticed, is it’s very easy to score headshots with them or lop limbs, compared to other weapons I prefer to use. Perhaps good accuracy is the explaination?

• They are just really fast, that’s about it. You sacrifice range and damage, but due to their speed feint+stab is nearly impossible to parry.

You have exaggerated their damage though, since you can never kill an unscathed knight with any secondary sword in two hits. With Broadsword you need 2 slashs/overheads on the head and a third hit, with Falchion you need at least 3 hits on body, and with Norse sword you need 3 stabs to the head.

No weapon is more accurate than another. It’s really just all about your aim. Since a weapon is faster, you may find it easier to land hits where you want them before the target moves too much. However with practice even very slow weapons like Zweihander can reliably go for the heads.

• Ya, as a greenhorn, I suppose I’m prone to exaggeration :P. The speed is one truthful thing I noticed about them, and I just read the tips thread, so I’ll take advantage of that feint+stab technique you mentioned.

• The only one-hander in the game that can 2 shot full HP knights is the Warhammer, which is a knight exclusive primary. Every Man-at-Arms primary (and thus Knight secondary) is capable of killing the other classes in 2 hits, however. Some of them need two headshots.

• @SlyGoat:

The only one-hander in the game that can 2 shot full HP knights is the Warhammer, which is a knight exclusive primary. Every Man-at-Arms primary (and thus Knight secondary) is capable of killing the other classes in 2 hits, however. Some of them need two headshots.

The flanged mace can also 2 shot a knight with a kick placed in there if both swings hit the head. I think the morning star will be able to do this with overheads after the next patch as well. Its still a 3 hit kill, but kicks sure are easy to land and feels like 2 hits :P