Archers cant kick with bow

• Probably not a bug… but if a Pikeman and a Knight with a towershield can kick I think an archer should be able to kick while holding their bow. I can’t tell you how many times I tried and just hear the dull beep sound. It would give me time to switch to my dagger.

• Not really to do with the beta, they’ve never been able to kick have they? (besides Javelineers with bash).

Also as cool as booting someone in the face and then putting a crossbow bolt through them would be, I don’t think it would be very balanced…

• @gregcau:

Probably not a bug… but if a Pikeman and a Knight with a towershield can kick I think an archer should be able to kick while holding their bow. I can’t tell you how many times I tried and just hear the dull beep sound. It would give me time to switch to my dagger.

Yep this has nothing to do with the beta at all :P

Just something that is normal with the game and archers. This has been discussed in the general forums. Feel free to look around in there to add your input.

Thanks!

• Moved to Suggestions.

• Imagine a guy with a short bow continuesly firing arrows and kicking you away each time when you try to get in melee range. How’s that for frustrating?

In any case, kicking with throwing weapons is a big no no in my book.

• @SharpshotSid:

Imagine a guy with a short bow continuesly firing arrows and kicking you away each time when you try to get in melee range. How’s that for frustrating?

In any case, kicking with throwing weapons is a big no no in my book.

I don’t realy see this happening bow is way to slow to do that + kick costs alot of stamina.

What I have experienced on the other hand is, that on the hillside map I more than once run up to a guy on the plate to kick him off just to hear that stupid sound of " you have a bow therefore u can’t lift ur feet, be glad that u can run at least". Needless to say that the next sound I hear is when my head gets cut off.