Attacking feet under shield.

• So after dueling with some clanmates last night we found out its impossible to attack under the shield. Even the tiny buckler held directly up at the sky like an umbrella still has an imaginary force field that covers the entire front of the body. this needs fixing, attacking with a slash or a stab after a feint overhead should be viable.

• Indeed, even if they’re looking straight up, it’s pretty difficult. I’m too lazy to make a video but the hitboxes are kind of silly. You can CLEARLY swing at the dude’s legs and you get blocked by an invisible wall.

I also get blocked constantly by people with their backs turned to me.

Also you can stab straight through shields. I’m hoping this is fixed in the upcoming patch, but we’ll see. I don’t think too many people know about it.

• It’s not impossible. I’ve done it before a few times when needed.

A couple things you need to ask:

1. Did you use a crouch stab?
    2. Did you also distract the direction the shield was pointed at via an overhead feint first?

• dude he was standing there with his shield facing the sky and i repeatedly crouch stabed and slashed his feet hitting a totally invisible wall, it cannot be done .

• Hm, you were right, at least in regards to knight with tower shield. I suppose my previous occasions where a feet stab seemed successful was because the enemy lowered their block after my feint.

• You can get arrows in below shields though.

• I was testing on a duel server earlier. I asked a knight with tower shield to block while aiming at the sky, then progressed to try stabbing him in the feet with a Zweihander (I suppose that’s a fairly large weapon). I moved my attack progressively higher from hitting the ground, and eventually it was blocked by the shield. However at no point was I able to land a hit on his feet. I tried moving to hugging range as well, but that didn’t help either.

• Yup it’s well known that’s how shields’ hitboxes are currently.

• I agree, this should definitely be fixed, at least for smaller shields, but they should be buffed accordingly. I think not being able to attack through them would definitely help.

• It sure would make blocking a lot harder. Let’s fix feint first, then see how we feel. I’m game for balls to the walls crazy combat which is hard and awesome, but for newer players, I’m glad you can’t hit their feet.

• Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

• shields have a massive forcefield wich needs some fixing

• Anyone else excited about flails!!! Shield killing here I come! 8-)

• @Stillbjorn:

Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

Flinching on the other hand….

• @AngryDave:

@Stillbjorn:

Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

Flinching on the other hand….

Indeed good sir, indeed.

• Working as intended.

If you could attack under a shield, it would make blocking feel very wonky and unreliable. Shields already have 3 openings. Attack above or to either side of their shield. In the upcoming patch you’ll be able to swing to the left on command. Overhand attacks can be very tricky to block as is. Sometimes concessions have to be made in the name of overall gameplay.

Gameplay > Realism

It’s almost impossible to tell when someone is swinging low unless they’re ducking. I’ve been hit by plenty of horizontal swings while attempting to duck under them that honestly looked like they should have gone right over my head.

• @Ragnar:

Working as intended.

If you could attack under a shield, it would make blocking feel very wonky and unreliable. Shields already have 3 openings. Attack above or to either side of their shield. In the upcoming patch you’ll be able to swing to the left on command. Overhand attacks can be very tricky to block as is. Sometimes concessions have to be made in the name of overall gameplay.

Gameplay > Realism

It’s almost impossible to tell when someone is swinging low unless they’re ducking. I’ve been hit by plenty of horizontal swings while attempting to duck under them that honestly looked like they should have gone right over my head.

Agreed, its just like the archers not being able to KICK, good gameplay vise but bad realism vise, if you could attack below shields it would basicly make them useless, and it would be too easy to kill guys with shields unless they duck to block.