Attacking feet under shield.

• Yup it’s well known that’s how shields’ hitboxes are currently.

• I agree, this should definitely be fixed, at least for smaller shields, but they should be buffed accordingly. I think not being able to attack through them would definitely help.

• It sure would make blocking a lot harder. Let’s fix feint first, then see how we feel. I’m game for balls to the walls crazy combat which is hard and awesome, but for newer players, I’m glad you can’t hit their feet.

• Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

• shields have a massive forcefield wich needs some fixing

• Anyone else excited about flails!!! Shield killing here I come! 8-)

• @Stillbjorn:

Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

Flinching on the other hand….

• @AngryDave:

@Stillbjorn:

Fix feint? Feint does not need a fix…

Flinching on the other hand….

Indeed good sir, indeed.

• Working as intended.

If you could attack under a shield, it would make blocking feel very wonky and unreliable. Shields already have 3 openings. Attack above or to either side of their shield. In the upcoming patch you’ll be able to swing to the left on command. Overhand attacks can be very tricky to block as is. Sometimes concessions have to be made in the name of overall gameplay.

Gameplay > Realism

It’s almost impossible to tell when someone is swinging low unless they’re ducking. I’ve been hit by plenty of horizontal swings while attempting to duck under them that honestly looked like they should have gone right over my head.

• @Ragnar:

Working as intended.

If you could attack under a shield, it would make blocking feel very wonky and unreliable. Shields already have 3 openings. Attack above or to either side of their shield. In the upcoming patch you’ll be able to swing to the left on command. Overhand attacks can be very tricky to block as is. Sometimes concessions have to be made in the name of overall gameplay.

Gameplay > Realism

It’s almost impossible to tell when someone is swinging low unless they’re ducking. I’ve been hit by plenty of horizontal swings while attempting to duck under them that honestly looked like they should have gone right over my head.

Agreed, its just like the archers not being able to KICK, good gameplay vise but bad realism vise, if you could attack below shields it would basicly make them useless, and it would be too easy to kill guys with shields unless they duck to block.