Any low-end PC owners here?

• Is there anyone who plays the game with the minimum hardware requirements (or lower), like 2 GHz core duo CPU? I was thinking about buying the game, given that I can play Dark Souls and Skyrim but with the performance complaints threads around I’m having doubts and decided to ask around first.

• What are your specs?

• @Joypad:

Is there anyone who plays the game with the minimum hardware requirements (or lower), like 2 GHz core duo CPU? I was thinking about buying the game, given that I can play Dark Souls and Skyrim but with the performance complaints threads around I’m having doubts and decided to ask around first.

I can barely play Skyrim on absolute lowest settings/resolution at 20 FPS if I’m lucky. I can only play Dark Souls at 15 FPS. I can play Chivalry on lowest settings and 1024x768 with default FoV with a stable 25 FPS, sometimes 30. If you can play Dark Souls and Skyrim, you can DEFINITELY play Chivalry.

My specs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6834127540

• Yeah, I’m running a core 2 duo @ 2.13ghz with 3.5gb RAM and an Nvidia 550 Ti. I have to play on the absolute lowest settings and with modified .ini files because the game is so processor intensive and not yet optimized for performance. Like this, I manage playable FPS in servers with up to 18 people on the battlefield, some maps I can push 20.

It’s still worth it to me because I love the game, choose appropriate pub servers, and can still play competitively.

But I’m really looking forward to the next patch.

• @SOC:

@Joypad:

Is there anyone who plays the game with the minimum hardware requirements (or lower), like 2 GHz core duo CPU? I was thinking about buying the game, given that I can play Dark Souls and Skyrim but with the performance complaints threads around I’m having doubts and decided to ask around first.

I can barely play Skyrim on absolute lowest settings/resolution at 20 FPS if I’m lucky. I can only play Dark Souls at 15 FPS. I can play Chivalry on lowest settings and 1024x768 with default FoV with a stable 25 FPS, sometimes 30. If you can play Dark Souls and Skyrim, you can DEFINITELY play Chivalry.

My specs:

A friend of mine has an identical setup, and he recently got the game. According to him the game does lag, but the lag isn’t so terrible as to make the game unplayable. Similarly he had to lower all settings and resolution.

• @egg:

Yeah, I’m running a core 2 duo @ 2.13ghz with 3.5gb RAM and an Nvidia 550 Ti. I have to play on the absolute lowest settings and with modified .ini files because the game is so processor intensive and not yet optimized for performance. Like this, I manage playable FPS in servers with up to 18 people on the battlefield, some maps I can push 20.

It’s still worth it to me because I love the game, choose appropriate pub servers, and can still play competitively.

But I’m really looking forward to the next patch.

You should really overclock that cpu, i assume it’s a e6400 (i have the same one). I run mine at 3 GHz with the stock cooler, it gets pretty hot but it can handle it. Around 2 years ago the thermal paste of the cpu completely dried out and it ran at 80° idle for 3 months, but it’s still going.

OT: i now game on my laptop which has an i5 480m, dual core with HT 2,66 GHz and for me it’s on the edge of being playable. In an MP game i really want 30+ fps all the times and on some maps i’m not getting it, resulting in me playing a lot worse.

@SOC:

@Joypad:

My specs:

That’s the gpu’s faulth, it’s pretty terrible.

• @Sisarot:

I’ll never understand why people buy i5 laptops with video cards that’s like trying to get an agile knight.

You end up with a fat MaA, or a puny Knight. :roll:

For a couple hundred more you can get a GREAT desktop (think 680 + i5 SB/IB) to game on and a GREAT laptop (think int3k + i3m) to do laptop-y things on.

• I can run games like Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on a step-below highest on a 3 GHz processor and EAH6670 series graphics card but I still have trouble with chivalry. I fixed most of my problems by setting a max fps and overclocking. Also, make sure all of your drivers are updated.

*to set a max fps, go into config files and find UDKEngine. Inside that find “bSmoothFrameRate” which should be set to “TRUE.” Change the min and max to desired values.

• @BOT:

@Sisarot:

I’ll never understand why people buy i5 laptops with video cards that’s like trying to get an agile knight.

For a couple hundred more you can get a GREAT desktop (think 680 + i5 SB/IB) to game on and a GREAT laptop (think int3k + i3m) to do laptop-y things on.

I don’t have the money for both a desktop and a laptop so i bought a slightly more expensive laptop with an average gpu.

• Mt potato runs the game at 15 FPS in 5v5 scrims and goes down hill from there, I dont know how i can still play good. Hell i got into a clan. I can only dream of ditching this potato but alas im 17 and jobless atm.

• @BOT:

@Sisarot:

Because I don’t have enough room for a desktop: I’m forced to use laptops because of space.

• choose appropriate pub servers, and can still play competitively.

–---------------------------------------
    runescape gold|wow gold kaufen|diablo 3 gold