Regular 1v1 tournaments

• Hi guys,

I was just wondering how much interest there would be for me to run some 1v1 tournaments at a regular schedule. I’ve hosted many tournaments before for other games (mostly offline), and would need access to a server that could be set to private for a certain amount of time. The format would probably start off as a double elimination bracket, and will be tailored based on what’s appropriate.

Cheers!

• Don’t.

Run a TO tournament instead.

• Tough call. I don’t have the time, motivation, resources, or experience to run a team based tournament. A 1v1 tournament could be feasibly completed in a few hours, and is much more spectator friendly for the competition. Frankly, I’m a bit surprised that there is zero interest for a duel tournament, since it doesn’t really require assembling a team (something that many can’t or don’t want to do), and because the duel servers always seem to have activity in them.

• 1on1 is truley were the game really shines and so it is indeed surprising, but i’m sure there are plenty of people out there that would be up for it.

• There’s nothing wrong with a 1vs1 tourny :) do whatever you feel like