Unlock weapons in offline for offline use only

• Please allow us to unlock weapons in offline bot matches for use ONLY in offline bot matches. But allow us to unlock weapons in online matches that can ALSO be used offline. This way, players can try out different weapons in offline mode but they will have to unlock them again online if they want to use them against other players. I suggest this because my internet connection is terrible, so I really would like to see a few improvements made to the offline experience. I’d also like to see all maps support all modes of gameplay in offline bot matches. For example, the Arena should definitely support free-for-all, just for a start.

Thoughts, suggestions?

• I like these ideas.

• Initially i would be against such a feature. But you convinced me with your poor internet connection - people should be able to play with all weapons unlocked in offline mode.

• Offline mode seems like it is supposed to be a type of training mode… Why not let anyone train with whatever weapons they want? :) Agree!

• I don’t see an issue with this either. It doesn’t hurt anybody and allows the player to gain experience with those weapons before they get them…. unless some see that as a problem, which I can’t see why.

It also adds a bit more variety for the Single Player aspect of the game. It’s not just people with bad / limited internet connections, but some may just not want to play online and just want to mash up some bots from time to time. (I know I do)

But it could be a code thing as I think your character is tied into Steam, and tied into your online character, thus might not be the easiest thing to accomplish a division between offline and online unlocks.

I know the other game I played a lot, Red Orchestra 2, which also uses the Steam Profile and Unreal 3 Engine has a similar unlock system, and also doesn’t allow you to have everything unlocked in offline mode (Just what you unlocked during online play)

• I’m glad to see some support for this. I know the developers and the community are more focused on improving the online experienced, and rightly so. It would just be nice if the offline mode was fleshed out a bit. My dream is to one day see offline bot matches equipped with weapon upgrades, more maps and game modes, better AIs, and more customization of matches, like number of bots on each team, difficulty, friendly fire, etc.

• @Sir:

I’m glad to see some support for this. I know the developers and the community are more focused on improving the online experienced, and rightly so. It would just be nice if the offline mode was fleshed out a bit. My dream is to one day see offline bot matches equipped with weapon upgrades, more maps and game modes, better AIs, and more customization of matches, like number of bots on each team, difficulty, friendly fire, etc.

I just played a bit of offline earlier today…. those objective maps are a friggin nightmare as attacker… those bots seems to know what to do more than humans… but on the deathmatch ones, they kind of wander around in circles.

A bit of improvement would be nice. Online play is the main focal point of the game, but the SP is also there and fixing that up a wee bit more certainly wouldn’t hurt.

• +1, would have helped me know what was worth working toward unlocking.

• The only bot game I’ve found to be enjoyable is a 64-bot free-for-all in Stoneshill. The rest of the maps don’t support free-for-all, and I’ve found that teams of bots usually end up just running into each other and trying to kill each other instead of fighting the other team.

• Bump! I hope this will be a feature! And also for Chivalry Deadliest Warrior!!

• The necromancers have returned.