Cannot play game -still registered to sellers Steam account

• I have bought Chivalry on ebay but can’t play it because it is registered to Steam through the sellers account.How can this be overcome, please.
    Thanks for any help :(

• http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=1189173

Basically, Steam’s EULA says you can’t resell off your account.
    Also the key is already bound to the account, and won’t come un-bound.
    Only way it should be possible is to sell your whole account, and I doubt you’re going to get this guys account details if you bought it through ebay.

Pretty sure you got scammed.

• Whyyy did you buy this game off of ebay? >.>

Steam has such good sales you could have got it for $12.49 right now.

In any case, please let this be a lesson for you and anyone else thinking about doing this in the future.

Not just that, but you can’t expect support from something you didn’t buy direct from steam (or one of the other official places), OR if you pirate the game.

I’m sorry this happened to you though :/ I hope you didn’t pay that much.

• Thanks to all those that provided the solution- or more to the point how stupid i was- however, it did highlight that it is not possible to sell games already registered with a Steam account- strange that though because you can sell xbox games on but obviously not PC games- not this type anyway. The guy actually is prepared to refund because he did not know that you could not unbound a registered game.
    Thanks all

• @DavyDoggers:

Thanks to all those that provided the solution- or more to the point how stupid i was- however, it did highlight that it is not possible to sell games already registered with a Steam account- strange that though because you can sell xbox games on but obviously not PC games- not this type anyway. The guy actually is prepared to refund because he did not know that you could not unbound a registered game.
    Thanks all

Oh good! I’m glad he’s doing that and it wasn’t a scam. If the game is not in his game library but in his item inventory, then the game can be traded. But once it’s in the library, then no dice. So at least now you know for the future.

Chiv is still on sale for $16.74 on steam if you wish to purchase it.