Hard to play as a clan

• Yesterday our clan with 6 players tried to play in one team on a public server. It’s pretty much impossible to do so. The autobalance is so restrictive that an equal amount of us was to be found on both teams.
    Maybe it’s a good idea to put away with autobalance or make it optional… It’s even hard just for 2 players to get on the same team sometimes.

What do you think?

• That does suck… You should be able to play with your friends! I personally hate when I pick a side, then it sticks me on the opposite side!

• This has frustrated me as well. In fact, the whole friend-system could need some fixing, with the Steam menus and what-not. Perhaps there could even be a function where you can join a server as a party (as seen in some other games like Call of Duty)?

• @Siegbert:

Yesterday our clan with 6 players tried to play in one team on a public server.

Maybe it’s a good idea to put away with autobalance or make it optional…

It IS optional - in the config files on your own server. You can not change official server settings. If you want customization, then host or rent one of your own any way you like.

bAutoBalance=true
    bDeathBasedAutoBalance=true
    fAutoBalanceInterval=30.000000

• @Nokx:

This has frustrated me as well. In fact, the whole friend-system could need some fixing, with the Steam menus and what-not. Perhaps there could even be a function where you can join a server as a party (as seen in some other games like Call of Duty)?

No idea how hard that would be to implement in Steam but it sounds great. For now I think a little more tolerance in balancing would be enough.

If I’m not mistaken in M&B Warband you could have a slight imbalance of ±3 or 5 players. So it’s easily possible to join a faction with 2 or more friends. Right now it’s very strict.

@JHoersten2:

It IS optional - in the config files on your own server. You can not change official server settings. If you want customization, then host or rent one of your own any way you like.

Good to know, thanks.

• Frankly I can’t stand it when clan members stack together on one team and proceed to dominate a public server. If you want to club baby seals do it on your own damn server. If I catch any clans stacking on my server they all get banned without recourse.

• @peasant:

Frankly I can’t stand it when clan members stack together on one team and proceed to dominate a public server. If you want to club baby seals do it on your own damn server. If I catch any clans stacking on my server they all get banned without recourse.

Lol, why? Since when is cooperative play forbidden?

• @peasant:

Frankly I can’t stand it when clan members stack together on one team and proceed to dominate a public server. If you want to club baby seals do it on your own damn server. If I catch any clans stacking on my server they all get banned without recourse.

I agree, there is a difference between playing with a couple of friends for fun and playing with 6 people of your clan just to dominate the entire server.

• Public servers are for every body, not your clan. The cod matchmaking system would not work with dedicated servers by the way but it is nice, maybe get your own dedicated server?

• Personally I’m glad it’s not possible for clans to play together - that well - on publics. There’s nothing more frustrating than a team of skilled players actually playing well together and completely raping the other team that consists mainly out of people new to the game or people who prefer playing alone. Leave it as is. If you want to play together, get your own server and add a password, or play against another clan. Publics are what they always have and always should be.

• Not sure why as a clan you want to play on a pub server, but what you should do is play on other clan servers and play with other clans. Might be more fun. Then you can switch it around til’ both clans are on the same team.

Also, if you guys have the means for it, it would be best to get your own server, then you can set it up how you like and not have to worry about that.

• You’re right. We have our own server now.

However it should still be easier to play with “a couple” of friends in one team without being restricted by autobalance too hard. It’s not about “owning the server” but having a fun time playing together with friends.

• @Siegbert:

Yesterday our clan with 6 players tried to play in one team on a public server

As much as I enjoy playing with friends, I also enjoy not getting pubstomped by tryhard clanmates.

• @peasant:

What server would this be? =]

• @Kimiko:

Not sure why as a clan you want to play on a pub server.

This.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Kimiko:

This.

Because, well it’s hard enough to find any server to play on in a group. Most are full or pw restricted. What would you do without a server on your own?

I’m wondering why you’re so keen on bashing me for playing on a public server as a clan while my main point is that it’s too hard to play on a server with friends at all…
    The autobalance is too strict.

• @Siegbert:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@Kimiko:

This.

Because, well it’s hard enough to find any server to play on in a group. Most are full or pw restricted. What would you do without a server on your own?

I’m wondering why you’re so keen on bashing me for playing on a public server as a clan while my main point is that it’s too hard to play on a server with friends at all…
    The autobalance is too strict.

Wow dude, I wasn’t “bashing you”. All I did was ask a question, and not just that, the question continues on with "but what you can do is… " etc. So I asked a question and offered some suggestions.

Sorry…

• I wasnt’ necessarily referring to you. There have been 6 other guys in this thread making up the same point.

• Considering the point is to BALANCE the match, why wouldn’t it split you up?

• Wow what’s with all the pub-stomp hate? If its a public server that means everyone can join right? Doesn’t this fine gentleman and his 6 chaps count as part of everyone. I do think so sir, I do think so.