[SOLVED] How to connect via IP

• Hello. I’m trying to play with my friend, but most of the time, we’re unable to join the same server. I can’t see the server he’s playing on in the Friends tab. So I’m asking, is there a way to join a server via IP? I know I can see the server’s IP when I press TAB. I tried to write open “IP” into console, but nothing happened. Thanks for any replies.

Also you should fix the annoying bug with browser showing all servers full.

• @NomadCZ:

Hello. I’m trying to play with my friend, but most of the time, we’re unable to join the same server. I can’t see the server he’s playing on in the Friends tab. So I’m asking, is there a way to join a server via IP? I know I can see the server’s IP when I press TAB. I tried to write open “IP” into console, but nothing happened. Thanks for any replies.

To join via IP in console:

open ipnumber:port

(example ~ open 125.652.11.2:6644)

Keep in mind that the IP’s listed when you press TAB are NOT the ones you would use to get into a game. To get the correct one, open your friend’s profile and on the top right where it shows them playing a game, click “join game” and a window will pop up with the correct IP and port number.

• @Kimiko:

@NomadCZ:

Hello. I’m trying to play with my friend, but most of the time, we’re unable to join the same server. I can’t see the server he’s playing on in the Friends tab. So I’m asking, is there a way to join a server via IP? I know I can see the server’s IP when I press TAB. I tried to write open “IP” into console, but nothing happened. Thanks for any replies.

To join via IP in console:

open ipnumber:port

(example ~ open 125.652.11.2:6644)

Keep in mind that the IP’s listed when you press TAB are NOT the ones you would use to get into a game. To get the correct one, open your friend’s profile and on the top right where it shows them playing a game, click “join game” and a window will pop up with the correct IP and port number.

Funny…. with the UE3 engine, I didn’t think you needed to include the port number. I normally just typed

open (pasted IP address here) and hit enter…. and it’d load.

added:

Never mind, my mistake… it’s been a while since I consoled a server… 8-)

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Funny…. with the UE3 engine, I didn’t think you needed to include the port number. I normally just typed

open (pasted IP address here) and hit enter…. and it’d load.

added:

Never mind, my mistake… it’s been a while since I consoled a server… 8-)

You’re forgiven ;)

• what about console joining servers with passwords?

• @kwazi:

what about console joining servers with passwords?

open ipnumber:port?password=passname

example: open 123.55.644.2:4444?password=cheese

• @Kimiko:

@kwazi:

what about console joining servers with passwords?

open ipnumber:port?password=passname

example: open 123.55.644.2:4444?password=cheese

Aha! I have the password to your server now! Muahahaha!!