Reserved Slots

• Please could this be added as soon as possible, this feature is greatly required

• There’s an “Ideas and Suggestions” board - use it.

• Tip - Try being more polite in future.

• @JHoersten2:

There’s an “Ideas and Suggestions” board - use it.

Seriously JHoersten. If you can’t say things in a more polite manner, then please don’t bother posting. I’ve seen this in various posts of yours and it’s starting to wear on me.

And reserving slots is appropriate in this forum due to it being a server side issue.

This has also been discussed multiple times and we’d all like to see it. Please be sure to use the search function in the future.

• Will do, cheers.

• @Kimiko:

Seriously JHoersten. If you can’t say things in a more polite manner, then please don’t bother posting. I’ve seen this in various posts of yours and it’s starting to wear on me.

A factual statement contains no emotional attachment, I’m sorry you interpret it as such. There IS an “Ideas and Suggestions board”. “Use it” is a directive suggestion, or even a command. Where’s the implied tone that you’re assuming, as I fail to see it?

Your forums rules state:
    @martin:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

It doesn’t tell me I have to speak in a polite manner, simply not to be rude or insulting. Again, matter-of-fact statements are neither polite nor rude, they’re factual. Your perspective, interpretations, and emotions are laying the groundwork for filtered viewing, and that’s fine, as it’s part of being human. However, it would be ridiculous for all posters to tailor complete posting to what “wears on you” and what does not. That would be quite absurd. Frankly, I figure there is much ground to be made among all the posters who are personally attacking others, using bigoted, offensive language, and have no respect for anyone or anything. Of course though, go after me for not being as polite as you’d personally like.

On top of that, if you wish to request professionalism in other people, how about projecting it yourself and using the same private messages to discuss personal issues instead of threads, as you have suggested/commanded to countless others? (Oops, there’s that suggesting/commanding thing again - is it rude when YOU do it, or do we not look at that?) Lemme guess, this whole reply isn’t polite enough either? Maybe I should end it with a

Thanks a bunch.

• It is nearly impossible for me to get into my server without a significant wait. Server statistics show that it is at 8/8 or full pretty much all of the time. This feature is desperately needed.

• @JHoersten2:

Oops, there’s that suggesting/commanding thing again - is it rude when YOU do it, or do we not look at that?) Lemme guess, this whole reply isn’t polite enough either? Maybe I should end it with a

Difference between Yourself and Kimiko is that Your name is very bland… and Kimiko’s has a very green… moderatory feel, to it?

If you have a problem with someones post - report it rather than being a complete dick to people on the forums? - The problem is with your wording, which makes it read in a very different way:

Have you never used a forum before, Old Greg :D

Regards

• @JHoersten2:

There’s an “Ideas and Suggestions” board - use it.

@JHoersten2:

A factual statement contains no emotional attachment, I’m sorry you interpret it as such. There IS an “Ideas and Suggestions board”. “Use it” is a directive suggestion, or even a command. Where’s the implied tone that you’re assuming, as I fail to see it?

It’s people like this who:
    first come across harsh
    and then try to justify it by following it up with a kind of icy formal undertone

… that need to have a bright yellow arrow above their head in Chivalry for archers and crossbowmen to aim at :D

And yeah - we need reserved slots for our servers, as I can rarely get into mine.

• @Matt_2k34:

Difference between Yourself and Kimiko is that Your name is very bland… and Kimiko’s has a very green… moderatory feel, to it?

If you have a problem with someones post - report it rather than being a complete dick to people on the forums? - The problem is with your wording, which makes it read in a very different way:

So you’re saying I should report your post for breaking the first forum rule by calling me a complete dick? Doesn’t that go against the “we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts” section? ESPECIALLY, when a mod posted in the same thread stating that if I can’t post in a more polite manner, than don’t post? Great job.

I wouldn’t expect much less though, since you’re seemingly promoting inequality based on color of names. We’re just black-named peons, a lower class of people, deserving nothing less than corruption and oppression, right? Sieg heil mein green-named fuhrers?

Would smiley faces help the way you interpret text on the internet, since you’re blaming it on the way you read it? Here ya go: :D :D : ) : )

• Lol wow. I’m sorry, but JHoersten2, your last post really made me laugh. I really do get your sense of “humor”. I have no hard feelings towards you and I’m sorry if you think I singled you out in any way. All I asked was just a wee bit more politeness as your response was really negative to the OP. Next time, I’ll just contact you privately and we can go on a full on boxing competition if you so desire.

And no you aren’t little black-named peons >.> But if you’d like a place in game like the peasants, maybe we can work something out ;)

Now let’s give each other a hug and be on our merry way.

And to get back on topic.. YES, I really want some reserved slots. Please!

• It also made me laugh due to the contradiction!

It doesn’t tell me I have to speak in a polite manner, simply not to be rude