Epiphany

• What is this sanctuary in the form of a forum I have found? normally every one would be at each-others throats. but here (for the most part) every one seems to get along and has intelligent (or at least interesting) things to say. This game could potentially create a community (more like a brotherhood) that the likes of which have not been seen since before MetalGear:Online was taken offline. when men like us band together ( cyberneticly speaking ) we become an indestructible wall of… something like a concrete mushroom full of Adminium marbles. or just a group of really awesome people.

seriously though, I challenge planet earth to send forth its absolute filthiest trolls, its most corrupt and stinking bully’s, and the rest of the internets scum and see if we can’t prevail over them.

HERE’S TO CHIVALRY MY BROTHERS!
    :cheers: :rage: :cheers:

• I’ve grown somewhat jaded when it comes to watching communities on the internet grow. Naturally I’m happy for Torn Banner if the amass a larger fan base, but I’ve noticed that every community gets progressively worse as it grows, not because the awesome people change or leave necessarily, but rather because the annoying people overwhelmingly outnumber the awesome people. Hence, the community would consist mainly of people who have essentially made it worse, probably unintentionally. It’s a rather sad story that I’ve seen too many times, but for the time being, I do quite fancy the tight-knit and mature atmosphere on this forum.

Just my two cents.

• Everything you just said HamsterPants(nice name by the way) is indeed the sad but true nature of internet community’s that I too have seen pass to many times… in fact I had just about given up hope there will ever be a solid community. maybe it was just the mindless ramblings of a king suffering from insomnia at 4:58 in the morning. but I have hope… well more like a dream that when the idiots start to multiply in number, the men and possibly women of Chivalry will deal with them in the right way. by showing them by example how to have fun with out insulting every one around you or complaining about every little thing. Now if they refuse to learn or they quite simply don’t understand. then we should make a stand and show them that they are not welcome here until they change there attitude and if that’s out of the question for them, then they can go find some other party to crash. Its truly frustrating to me that so many of the good people lost in the masses of morons and or intelectual bully’s just sit there taking it up the… sit there doing nothing. mostly because its like you said, there are just to many of them.

So… while we are ahead here, I encourage all of you who read this to make a stand when confronted with stupidity. It’s so easy to ignore them saying “not my problem” but if someone doesn’t fix the state of affairs then we could potentially lose this great group of gentlemen and be left with nothing but a memory.

Your not alone here. as it stands now the respectable out number the opposition…THAT’S VERY RARE! when a trouble maker comes trolling along, if we stand together and show him there is no room here for evil, I could die happy.

With all that said here is some inspiring music of sorts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUHDkn1XhE ( Please note I do NOT support any messages conveyed through the video, I simply love the song.)

• You and me both, man… First community I’ve been where i haven’t been called gay in the first day.
    I’m serious, the Internet can be really 13-year-old when it wants.

• Developer

This thread made me really happy to read guys. It is very important to me that our community (especially as it hopefully grows), retains its fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The only chance we have of accomplishing that is to lead by example, I promise that I will empower forum members to moderators who are going above and beyond to make others feels welcome and to put an end to the negativity that is so commonly attached to internet communities. Let this be a safe haven, a place to have fun, chat about the game and spread hope for the rest of the internet!

• @Tibberius:

This thread made me really happy to read guys. It is very important to me that our community (especially as it hopefully grows), retains its fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The only chance we have of accomplishing that is to lead by example, I promise that I will empower forum members to moderators who are going above and beyond to make others feels welcome and to put an end to the negativity that is so commonly attached to internet communities. Let this be a safe haven, a place to have fun, chat about the game and spread hope for the rest of the internet!

Man, I feel like I stumbled into a real life version of Team Gurren. Seems we’re all more or less unified towards the same desire for this community. Just keep in mind that these trolls or otherwise annoying people typically don’t just invade, it’s a gradual thing unless the game simply goes viral. So you gotta be constantly vigilant in order to help counteract the growth of the community in negative ways.

• By the Patron Saint of Manliness, T.R., I swear to uphold chivalry and reprimand the rascals who impede it. With class, of course.

• @Faranox:

By the Patron Saint of Manliness, T.R., I swear to uphold chivalry and reprimand the rascals who impede it. With class, of course.

You sir… are a hero among men.

• :longb:

Did someone say Hitman?

I have my share of usless posts but I atleast have a few good ones. I have been watching this community grow and I have to say most people who frequent this fine forum-stablishment are well to do individuals who really care for what is being made here. It is indeed refreshing.

• @HitMan:

Did someone say Hitman?

Nope.

• H I T M A N !

Happy? :)

• @King:

absolute filthiest trolls,

That would be me.

@King:

its most corrupt and stinking bully’s

That would be Slygoat.

And this section of the forum is our domain.

• :D I dont mean people like you Wingy, your funny. Trolling is fine when its all in good fun I believe. Hell I can be a nuisance my self sometimes.

And as for slygoat, I have not seen him post anything evil that PRAYS OFF OF MENS VERY SOUL!!!
    Its the ones that intentionally put others down to boost their ego that get to me.

All I mean in my monolog that was no doubt inspired by epic music… and as was stated before, we should lead by example.

• Just play a game of dota 2 with sly. Watch him fail to get a hat for a hero other than juggernaut, and you will instantly change your mind about him.

• @King:

@Faranox:

By the Patron Saint of Manliness, T.R., I swear to uphold chivalry and reprimand the rascals who impede it. With class, of course.

You sir… are a hero among men.

Oh man I love Merlin.

@Wingy:

Just play a game of dota 2 with sly. Watch him fail to get a hat for a hero other than juggernaut, and you will instantly change your mind about him.

Just play a game of Dota 2 with Wingy. Watch him fail. And fail and fail and fail. And… that’s pretty much it, Wingy fails a lot at Dota 2. 8-)

• I never failed to separate you from your pet.

• SlyGoat has a pet? It wouldn’t happen to be a zombie barrel would it?