Please write an MAA guide.

• Please do. Someone like Tobi Wan Kenobi, or someone of similar level of play (not skill, mind you, difficult to match that one.)
    Different weapon loadouts, different strategies for playing different gameplay modes. Limitations. Difference between classes…

Pretty please. Youtube videos would be ideal.

Really appreciate this, thanks.

• http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54181 … 3165CEA66/

In pub servers all u gotta do is use your dodge whenever they enter in windup. Basically dodge whenever they windup, dodge back in, stab -> overhead. Against bad players you can do this liberally since this tactic punishes people who attack for no reason or when they’re out of range. If they’re out of range you can dodge forward and punish them, if you’re fast enough they won’t be able to block because they’ll be in a state where their weapon is pulling back.

Weapon: Broadsword or Dane Axe

Not the most efficient way to play, but if you have no interest in competitive it works.

MAA isn’t as hard as people make it out to be.

• I’m rank35 and I’m interested in a detailed MAA guide.

• @acrh2:

I’m rank35 and I’m interested in a detailed MAA guide.

Pertaining to what? If you’re at a decent level of play there’s not a developed meta in Chivalry that you need to learn.

All that’s left is execution.

• After playing MAA for a few games straight and getting all of his unlocks, I can go ahead and say that the MAA is one of the best classes. I could make a mini-guide, but I don’t have time to make a full on one.

Tips:
    1. When I play MAA, I keep my distance from a clusterfuck of soldiers duking at each other. I understand that I have low health, and one blow from a wild teammate swinging in wide arcs will chop at my health. I take opportunities to swing whenever I can land a blow and leave, or engage in duels.
    2. The direction the MAA’s overhead swing comes from is the left. Not only is this an extremely powerful attack, but it can pass most shields. It also goes diagonally downwards to the right, and will at times trick people when needing to block.
    3. The MAA has insane feints, because he has a fast attack speed. Feint often.
    4. The 50% damage weapons or around that will usually kill a Knight in four swings, Vanguard in three, Archer in two, and MAA two - three.
    5. The Norse Sword and the Axe (with the longer reach) are perfect for dueling because you can keep your distance.
    6. If you want to be very effective at playing MAA, it’s going to be good to learn how to block.
    7. You’re going to be faster than the Vanguard and Knight.
    8. Normally, it takes two hits from a Vanguard’s longsword to kill you. A crossbow bolt will leave you nearly dead, arrows will take about two hits, and two - three hits from a light weapon will kill you.
    9. You have a dodge button.

Personally, my favorite MAA weapon is the Norse Sword and the last axe you unlock. I don’t really enjoy the morning star branch as much. Falchion is good if you like to spam overhead and horizontal swings. I also don’t like using a shield, mainly because I don’t need to and it really helps me train my blocks better. The fire pot/throwing knife really comes in handy too.

• Already working on it. Was busy over the holidays, and now on hold until my new mouse comes next week, since the old one very recently crapped out on me (hard to play Chiv without a right click).

• @SlyGoat:

Already working on it. Was busy over the holidays, and now on hold until my new mouse comes next week, since the old one very recently crapped out on me (hard to play Chiv without a right click).

Nah, you can LMB spam and get kills without RMB. :D

• @SlyGoat:

Already working on it. Was busy over the holidays, and now on hold until my new mouse comes next week, since the old one very recently crapped out on me (hard to play Chiv without a right click).

Nice! Looking forward to learn how to play MAA :D.

At the moment I mainly play Knight. I was wondering if MAA is more reliant on a good ping than other classes? Mine can get pretty high.

• Melee combat is generally better with low ping, it doesn’t much matter what class you’re playing. When you try to melee with high ping, things are going to be weird sometimes.

• I actually think I learn more watching youtube with some good commentary.
    If I had half the skills of Shara Id be a happy bunny!
    <3 Hexxens vids too, his attitude is so refreshing, the chiv community could learn alot from his personality.

• In for MaA guide.

Love playing MaA, it would definitely be helpful to know how the better, more experienced players play the class. A guide covering things like tactics/combos, dueling, weapons, and general playstyle would be awesome. Sometimes when I’m in a game I find myself not knowing what to do, so i just try ganking archers lol.

• I’m only rank 27 and I only play pub so I only have/need a few tricks, so I don’t have much to add to what’s already been said. I’m always up for hearing more tips from the pros, though.

• Here’s a good tip: Don’t parry. Seriously. The only time I parry is when I’m surrounded or some how backed myself into a corner. You’re better off learning to stay just out or reach of your opponent then sprinting in with a quick stab or combo after he misses you. You’ll hit far more often than if you try and parry-counter attack.

• @T_Roy:

Here’s a good tip: Don’t parry. Seriously. The only time I parry is when I’m surrounded or some how backed myself into a corner. You’re better off learning to stay just out or reach of your opponent then sprinting in with a quick stab or combo after he misses you. You’ll hit far more often than if you try and parry-counter attack.

Yeah, one of the early tips I got was “hold up your shield or just parry parry parry as you walk towards a vanguard or knight with a long weapon”. That was pretty bad advice. I aim not to take the first hit at all, and move in during the tail end of the swing and subsequent recovery.

However you will screw up from time to time, and get yourself in a situation where you need to parry in 1v1. I find that, with sufficient time and energy, after parrying the best option is often to dodge backwards and get a fresh start to the encounter. The trouble with this is that it takes time, and it takes energy. Swinging wildly also takes energy, so your opponent will tire out too, but chances are they can do more with less energy than you can, so be careful.

The time component is also tricky because the longer you fight one guy, the higher the chance that another enemy will come up behind you and relieve you of your head. Given how many weapons can 1-shot you, this is generally more of a danger to you than it is to a knight or vanguard, so again, be careful.

• Remember, especially when going up against knights and vanguards, that your attacks are extremely fast, and theirs are slow. If you have the chance, stop their windup with a quick stab and then unleash a quick combo on them. Most players in a pub will take 2 or 3 hits before they are able to recover and block you, if they don’t die beforehand.