"ROYAL" families DONT look royal at all

• I dont know if im the only one finding this as an issue but since its not a big problem and easy/ fast to fix i think its worth doing something about it. When you break wooden barricades and enter the room to kill so called “royal family” you see a bunch of peasents screaming in fear, i think royals would be getting more gold than common peasents therefore THEY NEED BETTER CLOTHING, not too fancy thou, just make them different from peasents, i would love to hear what you guys think about it.

• It would be cool to see some new skins in the next patch.

But ooh, what if this. What if they’re in hiding and trying to avoid being taken for royalty in order to not get murdered? They would try to blend in with their peasants. Maybe most of them actually are peasants and only a handful of them are the real McCoy. But you have to kill them all just to be sure you got the right ones.

One thing that I think needs fixing on that map is the death animations for the royal family. (On my game at least) they just seem to disappear when you hack at them.

• They’re boarded up and hiding, not sitting in a throne room. Of course they’re dirty and look like peasants. Their dad is too busy being overthrown by the Masons.

Hell, for all we know, they are his illegitimate children from whores and wenches, and the Masons are just being sure to eliminate any claim to the throne. Gameofthrones much?

• Still, even if you both guys are right, they are not in the outskirts/ farmlands of the kingdom, they are in the inner castle so they SHOULD have distinctive looks. I know not everyone living in the castle is rich but they not as dirt poor as outsiders of the castle, it feels like they didnt had time/ resource to care about those details, but since they have more resources now, i expect more these kind of details looked into.

• @Rugaru:

they are not in the outskirts/ farmlands of the kingdom, they are in the inner castle

You could not be more wrong. Go back and look at the map:

They are not locked away in some castle, but a small fortified village hidden away in the mountains and surrounded by pine trees/boulders. Prior to entering this village, you travel through a sewer/tunnel dug through the mountain which houses the ruins of a destroyed castle on the other side.

If you want to get technical about it, and it sounds like you are, then this location for the family is simply an outlying village to this destroyed castle, much like the area when you begin the mission. I’d imagine that the Masons destroyed the castle and were simply called back upon hearing about the King’s family living in that outlying village on the other side of it. Being that they were living with peasants and their castle was destroyed, they had nothing to wear but peasant clothing and were hid away behind boarded walls in an attempt to protect them.

Hopefully this has shed a bit more perspective on you than the simple mindset of:

“KING’S FAMILY? Y THEY NOT COVERED IN JEWELS???”

• @JHoersten2:

“KING’S FAMILY? Y THEY NOT COVERED IN JEWELS???”

*Bling

Swagatha has their minds on their money and their money on their minds.

• Think of them as being is disguise. You wouldn’t transport the entire royal family through lands likely patrolled by Masons with their expensive and colourful clothing as you’re asking to get ambushed, even by bandits.

• @Martin:

Think of them as being is disguise. You wouldn’t transport the entire royal family through lands likely patrolled by Masons with their expensive and colourful clothing as you’re asking to get ambushed, even by bandits.

Nah, they are not royal family. They look like filthy peasants to me. And they seem to have been barred up in those hobbit holes so they couldn’t escape. Looks like Agatha has made fools of Masons once again. After that fake king that the Masons kept killing over and over, this is not surprising in the least.

• Nah, they are not royal family. They look like filthy peasants to me.

Yes, that is generally the point of a disguise. Glad it worked.

• @Martin:

Nah, they are not royal family. They look like filthy peasants to me.

Yes, that is generally the point of a disguise. Glad it worked.

Hence why if I play Mason on the last part of Dark Forest, I usually shout, “KILL THE FILTHY PEASANTS!!!”. Mason’s gotta do what a Mason’s gotta do.

• Your conspiracy theory is fascinating, but the facts speak for themselves:

1. “Royal family” is really filthy peasants. Your disguise theory assumes that some people make themselves look like others perfectly. As in " I pretend to be a perfect filthy peasant, so I use a filthy peasant -model-…" No, sir, these are real filthy peasants! One cannot make themselves look EXACTLY like someone else! Emphasis on EXACTLY! *E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!" As in exactly. As in identical and a perfect copy. You cannot distinguish a “perfect” copy from the original. Perfect. Defined. You fail.
      LO… Anyway, you failed about half an hour early, so I rest my case!
    2. I didn’t rest my case, it’s bigger than ever. See #1 for details.
      Also, I won, gg!

• @acrh2:

Your conspiracy theory is fascinating, but the facts speak for themselves:

1. “Royal family” is really filthy peasants. Your disguise theory assumes that some people make themselves look like others perfectly. As in " I pretend to be a perfect filthy peasant, so I use a filthy peasant -model-…" No, sir, these are real filthy peasants! One cannot make themselves look EXACTLY like someone else! Emphasis on EXACTLY! *E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!" As in exactly. As in identical and a perfect copy. You cannot distinguish a “perfect” copy from the original. Perfect. Defined. You fail.
      Also, I won, gg!

Do not worry my friend, we have all been fooled by disguises, that is their purpose after all!

• @Martin:

@acrh2:

Your conspiracy theory is fascinating, but the facts speak for themselves:

Also, I won, gg!

Do not worry my friend, we have all been fooled by disguises, that is their purpose after all!

You keep saying things no one understands. “Friend, worry, purpose” - are those words you are just making up as you go?

P.S. I still won about an hour ago. Abandon hope, please.

• They’er only pretending to be royal family. That’s why they keep shouting “Save yourselves!”

• @Yoshiblue:

They’er only pretending to be royal family. That’s why they keep shouting “Save yourselves!”

This man has it. The real royal family location is a closely guarded secret, the Mason’s just got totally trolled into thinking these were the royals :P

• They’re a bunch of highborn cowards disguised in filthy rags shitting themselves as soon as Mason came knocking on the door.

• its small detail and can wait imo but i hope theyre planning to give the royal family their own skin in futur patches
    ( once again , it can wait , theres so much stuff that need to be add and fixe … like the sdks , more maps !! ( i want monastery and helms deep!) )

but it would sadden me if they never add small details like this ( kings own voice , diferent skins for the royal family , better bloody spalters … the beautie is in the details imo )

• I think OP is trying to say that the “royal family” uses the exact same graphical assets as the peasants in the other mission, and feels pretty cheap, especially when these peasant look like the same guy in differently shaded grey rags.

Instead of providing another wild theory as to why royalty should all genetically look the same and wear the SAME type of rags, I support OP’s suggestion and hope TB gives some sort of uniqeness to each royal family member. Its hard to believe the both the King’s and Queen’s family only consists of men, maybe throw in some noble ladies as well?

• Maybe all you Chivalry fashionistas should band together and ask the devs for a Fancy Pants DLC.